IE and and running scripts causing slow downs?

Old 07-07-13, 05:22 PM
W
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IE and and running scripts causing slow downs?

When I use IE, Bing or any webpage accessed thru Ie , I get errror messages that a script is running and may WILL slow down the page loading or PC

How can I identify and remove thes scripts? Many seem? to be associated with trying to link to Facebook?

Any help, ideas a appreciated

Old 07-07-13, 08:28 PM
H
walkerstoo trying to find the scripts that are run by web pages for the average person is nearly impossible. Some websites that can set a great deal of cookies and run a great deal of scripts are those that have videos. Unfortunately you really can't escape that much anymore because even websites you think don't have videos do. Like this website for instance as I just placed a video in General Chats from YouTube a couple of days ago. So more scripts.

The best thing to do with any browser including IE and Firefox is to clear your cookies and history periodically. Some cookies though are hard to get rid of as they are not just your average cookie. Some have malicious code that slows down your computer with Trojan horses or viruses and some contain tracking cookies also called web beacons.

For those I use SuperAntiSpyware if you don't yet have it I suggest you download the free version it isn't a trial version but you will have to manually download updates for the virus scanner. Program updates are semi-automatic in the form of a pop up notifier for the free edition. You will see a marked improvement once you run the program and then delete any problems it finds.

Old 07-08-13, 04:46 AM
R
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The scripts are part of the web site, not the browser. You can turn off Java scripting as a test to see if it's really causing the slowdowns.

Old 07-08-13, 05:12 AM
H
You are right Rick they are not part of the browser but the cookies that are placed inside of the browser react to java scripts. Since you need java for about every website for proper rendering about the only thing you can do is keep your browser clean. What SuperAntiSpyware doesn't get rid of I clean myself as often as possible and have seen a marked improvement on the internet.

I also strongly suggest that everyone keeps Java up to date and uses Javas old version removal tool that they now have in place on their website. It is true however that Java can slow a browser down if not properly maintained and also true that Java has had a bad reputation as there are exploits in Java.

Old 07-08-13, 08:01 AM
W
Thanks for the help.....it is amazing.....I use FireFox to access the sites, no problem. When I use IE scripts slow everything down...........oh well gives me another research project

thanks

Old 07-08-13, 08:07 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
But many of the scripts are not Java they are JavaScripts a totally different thing. Java Script is a form of extended HTML markup for rendering pages. Many aspects of a page including these pages won't work without JavaScript. Java on the other hand is a cross platform programming language.

Old 07-08-13, 09:05 AM
M
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Same issue here

Nice to know that I'm not alone with this problem! I have gone to another website (designed specifically for computer problems/issues) and had completed many scans, etc. and had my computer confirmed that it was free of any virus, trojans, etc., but the problem still persisted.

I do have Google Chrome and Firefox both installed, but not comfortable using them (have used IE for so long, I find the change hard to comprehend and hubby would be completely lost!lol)

What I have done (and seems to help my situation at least) was to go to tools>and checked "InPrivate filtering". Also under "InPrivate Filter settings" I have checked "automatically block".

The only drawback to using this is that I need to do it each time I initially start IE. But it remains checked until I close the browser. (I use IE8).

Don't know if doing this is good or bad? But it helps my frustration!

Old 07-08-13, 10:55 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Nice to know that I'm not alone with this problem!
It is not really a problem. It is how web pages work. The only way to avoid it is turn off your modem and never connect to the internet.

Old 07-08-13, 04:00 PM
W
MXmom

go ahead and try Firefox........it works great, very easy to use

I;ve been transferring bookmarks, favorites and links, all work better on it

Old 07-09-13, 04:00 AM
R
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keep IE up to date even if you switch to another browser. (I use FF, Chrome, and Safari on various devices, but not IE.)

You will find at some point that only IE works with some website forms and content, especially web meetings. That's because IE can use Active X and the others cannot.

Old 07-09-13, 07:08 AM
M
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
That was helpful

t is not really a problem. It is how web pages work. The only way to avoid it is turn off your modem and never connect to the internet.
But if we all chose this method, what would you have to reply to?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: