Form submission problem- desk top.

Old 08-25-13, 07:27 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Form submission problem- desk top.

I have been having recent trouble when trying to respond to email surveys from my Senator online. I get a prompt that reads "form submission disabled". I have tried using firefox and internet explorer and have also tried replying from different email providers eg. yahoo,AOL,GMAIL where I get the survey notices from, with the same results. I am able though to use a tablet connected to my email which allows me to submit the survey without a problem. Which seems to point to something on my computer that is blocking me from this site. This is a relatively new problem. Any ideas how to fix this?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-13, 07:43 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Sounds like a webmail problem. Do you have a mail program such as Outlook or Thunderbird set up on your computer to send email? Does that work?

Old 08-26-13, 02:50 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Are the forms in PDF format? You can't submit filled out PDF forms, usually. You have to fill them out, print them and mail or scan them.

Old 08-26-13, 04:21 PM
G
No they are not PDF its just a check off reply sent back to sender on the page sent to me. it has worked fine in the past.

There is outlook on my computer but I have no idea what is is as Ive never used it. I dont send personally typed responses I just reply via yahoo or aol mail to the questions sent to me from my senators site by checking off my answer. But for some strange reason now this site is blocked when I try to reply. All other emails etc. work fine its just this particular site on this computer.

Old 08-26-13, 05:00 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
I am able though to use a tablet connected to my email
If you mean an actual email program that uses your ISPs SMTP server then that is the difference. Your ISP can provide you with information on how to setup Outlook to use their SMTP server.

Old 08-26-13, 08:35 PM
G
I guess i'm not that tech savy I dont understand what ISPs SMTP server means. I dont want to set up anything new eg. outlook setup. I am just trying to get my email to behave as it always used to when it comes to accessing this contacts reply page. Since it suddenly has stopped working it would seem to me that there is a setting thats been activated that is causing it to be blocked. Just not sure how to go about searching for this.

Old 08-28-13, 02:23 AM
H
This looks to me like a computer virus or a browser problem. With Internet Explorer you may have your security settings set too high. Also there are settings for forms in the advanced area of Internet Explorer which might need to be changed. If Internet Explorer is giving you too many problems download Firefox it is far superior to Internet Explorer any day or you could try Google Chrome which some people like much better.

If none of those solutions work then scan for viruses. I suggest Super Anti Spyware for the real bad viruses which you can download the free version of here SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!. I only use the free version and have for about two years and it has worked great. I use it with Microsoft Security Essentials.

Old 08-28-13, 04:13 PM
G
Thanks for the ideas. I have norton which runs anti virus regularly and I use firefox and only use internet explorer as a back up. Strange it only effects this one email sender all other emails I have no problem with.

Old 09-07-13, 06:37 PM
S
Hi greggome, it sounds like you're saying "I get a form in an email, and I try to fill out the form in the email, but I'm not able to because you get that prompt that says 'form submission disabled'".

If that's what's happening, I wouldn't be concerned about it being an issue on your end at all. In fact, if the survey form is right in the email that you get - i.e. the email has the survey questions right in the email, and the email also has a button that says "Save Survey" or "Submit" or something like that - then the problem really is on the part of your senator.

The problem is that, any company or organization can send out an email and it can have a form right in the email. But most modern, safe, secure web browsers, such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla FireFox, and most modern, safe, email readers such as Microsoft Outlook, all should prevent forms within emails from working.

I know that sounds like a bad thing - it's annoying - after all, why shouldn't my pesky form that's in my email just work and let me save it already?!?! - but it's much better that these forms don't work at all. There are a multitude of security reasons for it.

If you want to fill out the surveys, look in the email for a link that might read "having difficulties with this email? click here to see it online" or something like that. There should be a link you can click that takes you to your senator's website, where you can fill out a survey safely there. Otherwise if you don't see any option like that in your email, then contact your senator, and ask them how you can provide survey responses back to them. Let them know that their survey forms that are in their emails don't work for security purposes, and that you need some other way to fill them out.