flash drive continuous blinking

Old 09-07-13, 08:46 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
flash drive continuous blinking

I have transfered files from three different computers to this flash drive. I was able to access all files until just recently. When the trouble began, I was unable to open the transferred files from only one of the sources. The rest opened just fine. Now what is happening, when I insert the flash drive, it opens up and I can see all the files, but the flash drive flashes continuously and won't allow me to click on anything to open it up. Is there any hope?

Old 09-07-13, 01:43 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,950 Upvotes on 3,543 Posts
Did you try the flashdrive in another computer ?

I've had flash drives go bad and lose all their info.

Last edited by PJmax; 09-07-13 at 02:20 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 09-07-13, 02:06 PM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
Since you have not lost any data that being the fact that you have it on the other computers, I would reformat the drive and try to copy files to it again. But I would not trust that drive as a back up or security.

Old 09-07-13, 02:36 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Did you try a different file manager?

Old 09-07-13, 05:05 PM
H
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't use that flash drive again either it is possible that the flash drive picked up a virus while connected to your computer even with all of the precautions everyone takes. It is also possible that you have a bad usb port or there is also the possibility of user error.

I know I have taken a flash drive out without first having Windows turn the device off. It can be done but it is really better to turn the flash drive off first. Flash drives themselves too are always breaking down for no apparent reason except old age. So there are various reasons that cause them to fail and when they do it is best to replace them.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: