Black Berry camera

Old 11-06-13, 03:27 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Black Berry camera

Hi, my BB Play Book camera and Video chat quit working. Video chat gives me a message "camera is used by another application" and when I want to use the Camera I'm getting "Error 4003.picture". Is there any way to fix this error? The BB Playbook is a year old and a month after the warranty expired. Thanks, Danigo

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-13, 05:48 PM
What is the model of Black Berry phone? I don't have a Black Berry but others here do and will be able to help you with the model. When the model is posted I will also look for solutions to your problem.

Old 11-06-13, 08:31 PM
It's a tablet model is Black Berry Play Book. OS Version 2.1.0.1753

Old 11-08-13, 08:31 AM
The only thing I have found so far is a suggestion to update the operating system or remove apps that might be conflicting. Sometimes with computers that run Windows for instance and not tablets a program needs to be temporarily uninstalled and then reinstalled. All usually because of an operating system update so that might be the same with your tablet.

Blackberry has a forum I don't have a link to it now but you can find it by doing a Google search. I wish I could help more but I don't have any experience with Blackberry tablets. Take a look again here though someone else may respond later who does have a Blackberry tablet.

Old 11-08-13, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the suggestion and for trying to help. I looked in the BB forum and it seems that a lot of BB users have the same issue - Error 4003 - with a camera. But nobody came up with a suggestion how to repair it. Except for a suggestion to return it to BB for a repair..not good for a DIY people.
Thanks again, Danigo

Old 11-11-13, 08:46 PM
I did a bit more looking around on the internet and found a suggestion to reset your Blackberry tablet and also to sync up the data with your desktop I assume to unload what is on the tablet and free up memory. I have an old Dell Axim PDA that really should be synced as it probably would work better. But in my case it is so old syncing it probably wouldn't help much so I don't bother with syncing it. I would run a virus scan though after syncing on the computer and the tablet just to be on the safe side in case you did pick up a virus.

Old 11-22-13, 05:28 PM
I have a playbook too and I had it repaired twice already, thank God it's still under warranty, the first time they had it repaired but the second time it was replaced by a brand new unit. Anyways, try to remove all your downloaded applications or better yet reset the data and see if it would work.

Old 11-24-13, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Looks like BB has a lot of issues with camera. I'll try to reset it and we'll see.