It's me again

Old 11-26-13, 06:26 PM
It's me again

Do I have one for you guys. I'm running Win7 Pro using IE 11, FireFox, and FireFox Aurora. I use Yahoo as my browser. For about two weeks now, I haven't been able to pull up either my bookmarks or able to up my emails. I am accessing my emails through AOL. I'm pretty sure it's in my settings, however, I can't figure it out. Any answers????
dinky

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-13, 06:35 PM
Group Moderator
I use Yahoo as my browser.
I don't understand? Do you mean webmail not browser? Yahoo isn't a browser.

Last edited by ray2047; 11-26-13 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-26-13, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator
Yahoo isn't a browser.
Huh!!!

Dinky are you logged in properly? Or do you use a log in?

Old 11-26-13, 07:42 PM
Group Moderator
Well I never heard of it till tonight and I use AT&T but then I never use the CD AT&T provides so I don't know what crap is on it. Do I at least get points for knowing AOL isn't just a dialup ISP. Okay going back in my hole.

Old 11-27-13, 01:31 AM
Dinky are you using IE11 to access your e-mail? If you are either stop using it for e-mail or anything you need to log in for or use compatibility view which you can find under settings. Add Aol in the compatibility view settings for IE. When Microsoft "improved" their browser and I use the word "improved" rather loosely, they didn't improve things they made it worse. I at least don't see a great improvement except for the fact that it doesn't seem to crash now. For many websites you may need to make them compatible before using them and that is a real annoyance.

Old 11-27-13, 05:17 AM
I did upgrade to IE 11 thinking it might take care of my problems. I do log in to Yahoo and go to My.Yahoo.com for my home page. It comes up, and it lets me go anywhere except to my "Bookmarks and my mail." When I click on my mail button, I get a box wanting me to log in for my mail. I enter my password, but it will not bring my mail up. I'm using AOL, and I'm not having any trouble getting my mail there. I'm also concerned about getting my bookmarks. I can't access them at all.

Old 11-27-13, 06:40 AM
Group Moderator
Crawling out of my hole I must ask why you use these browsers if they don't work for you. Why don't you use one of the major four browsers, Firefox, Seamonkey, Opera, Chrome?
I do log in to Yahoo and go to My.Yahoo.com for my home page. It comes up, and it lets me go anywhere except to my "Bookmarks
Why not use the bookmark feature of your browser and if you want cross browser access use Lastpass on your computer or a website like Mybookmarks.com.

But then maybe the way I use and access the Internet is strange. Certainly when I read these type of post they seem strange so maybe it is just me that is strange. For example all the years I have been on the net I have never seen home pages as a necessity. Just a gimmick to to derive revenue from advertising on behalf of the Website. Websites I go to most are on shortcut keys or now in later years the bookmark bar of my browser. Some sites mentioned here I never use because they were always problematic. Yahoo and Hotmail webmail always had problems. In the dialup days AOL was the laughing stock of the internet. An ISP any knowledgeable user would be embarassed to use.

Last edited by ray2047; 11-27-13 at 07:15 AM.
Old 11-27-13, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator
Ray, I didn't know there was a Yahoo browser, either.

Safari is also a good browser. Actually gives me less problems than all the others.

Dinky, you can export your bookmarks to another browser. They all have a tool somewhere that will do it for you.

Old 11-27-13, 11:27 AM
Thanks Guys. I'll try that, but I use both FireFox and FireFox Aurora. It doesn't bring up any of my bookmarks or emails. I'll try and use FF Thunderbird for emails, and see if it's any better.

Old 11-27-13, 12:01 PM
Group Moderator
I'll try and use FF Thunderbird for emails
No such critter. FF is a browser only. Thunderbird is a standalone mail program for retrieving mail from a POP account. AT&T does not offer a POP email. I can't say if your Webmail program is accessible by POP.

I use both FireFox and FireFox Aurora. It doesn't bring up any of my bookmarks
You have to export them from the browser they are in and then import them to Firefox. This is usually by exporting them as an HTML file using the tools in the browser where they are. Usually I do it to Desktop. Then go to FF and use the import as HTML tool to import the saved bookmarks. (Actually I also save to a thumb drive once a month so I have a backup if needed). In some cases you can import them directly but I doubt FF has an option to import directly from a non common browser.

Edit: Yahoo browser is just re branded IE according to Web sources so this tutorial for exporting to FF should work for Yahoo browser: Export Favorites from Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox - PCWiki

Last edited by ray2047; 11-27-13 at 01:31 PM.
Old 11-27-13, 02:54 PM
Hey, Guys, By the way, have a great "Turkey Day." Watch out for all the crazies out there for Black Friday.

Old 11-27-13, 05:38 PM
Ray offered great advice as far as bookmarks are concerned but there is one other way in Firefox click on History then click Show All History. After that click on Import and Backup then click on Import From Another Browser. Happy Thanksgiving to you too Dinky and everyone else.