CAN'T READ FORUMS?

Old 02-26-01, 06:56 PM
Group Moderator
Question

Haven't visited in quite a while and now can't seem to view any forum threads. Clicking on any thread title or the arrow in the far right column just brings up a blank white page in IE? Ditto in Netscape; just goes to a blank page with location like (sample)

http://forum.doityourself.com/showth...threadid=50700

Am I missing something here? Would appreciate an answer via e-mail since I can't read the forums.

Thanks.

[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-01, 06:35 AM
Do you have a problem with any other site ?

I question how you were able to enter your post with the current problem ?

Also look closely at the modem indicator in the system box, click on a thread , how much activity do you see after the click. What provider are you using for internet, AOL or other.

I will try and send this later by email, don't want my work email address to show up on this...

Old 03-01-01, 07:01 AM
Received emails as follows...

-----Original Message-----
Sent: February 28, 2001 9:40 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: CAN'T READ FORUMS?

Hi, thanks for the response. Beats me why I can't get the pages to come up. Posting the question was no problem; typed in the text hit post and it "took". When it tried to show me the post, the page came up blank, but I
could tell it went because it showed in the index of post topics. I have tried everything I can think of as far as settings, etc with no luck. I am running Netscape Communicator 4.76 (also have IE 5.5 w/SP1 and does same
thing) under Win98 2nd edition. When I click on a thread the browser goes to the location
(http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?threadid=51332), but the page is completely blank. The page header says "GIF image 1x1 pixels". When I
go to view source, the only thing on the source page is:

GIF89a<Xu

I just ran a check for modem activity for that thread:

Before rcvd-449,594
sent- 61,471

After page
tries to load rcvd-449,610
sent- 61,519

I am connecting through a local ISP and have no other trouble on any other
sites ( including my own - http://www.mastertowing.com ). I am totally
----------------------------
-----Original Message-----
Sent: February 28, 2001 10:05 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: CAN'T READ FORUMS?

Additional info:

I can get to posts if I click on a "latest post" from the MAIN forum index of topics, but I can only access the latest post from any topic. If I go to the topic directory and try to select latest or any other post I get the
blank screen routine. No trouble reading the old forum archives. Crazy or what?!?!

jws
If you look at the byte count at the modem, before and after, the page is not being received, but why ? , if its works on every other site, and does the same in IE and netscape ? Java ? but that would not explain how every other site works ?