1/21/14 - a new e-mail scam?

Old 01-21-14, 05:10 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
1/21/14 - a new e-mail scam?

I came in to work this morning to find fifteen "undeliverable" e-mails, System Administrator messages, etc. They weren't from any legitimate e-mails that I had attempted to send. A lot had ".uk" in their address.

Naturally, I deleted them all.

Is this some sort of new scam - trying to get me to click on a link...?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-14, 05:30 AM
Received 64 Votes on 59 Posts
Don't know if its a scam, but I also have gotton hundreds of them over the past month or so. Most likely its a e-mail hi-jack of sorts. My happens to be with my Roadrunner Runner account. I'm slowly switching to g-mail amd all my mail is being forwarded from my Roadrunner account to my G-mail with none of those undeliveralble e-mails comimg through.

Old 01-24-14, 08:53 PM
Open up https://kb.mediatemple.net/questions...l_applications and read the instructions for whatever mail client you're using. Getting into the habit of looking at the email headers for questionable email will help determine if an email is authentic or not. People can spoof what the "sender" email looks like, but it becomes much harder to spoof the headers including the servers they were sent/signed from.

Old 02-13-14, 09:31 PM
Cool I've seen this before.

I've seen this before.

The explanation I came up with was that my email address was used as a fake return address by some sort of spammer. Then when mail was rejected because of a closed account, it was "returned to sender" although the real sender pretended to have my email address so I got the rejection along with other notes fro irate recipients of his spam.