USB to DVD

Old 02-09-14, 05:27 PM
USB to DVD

On my Vista Home Laptop with 2GB RAM I want to transfer some movies from my USB to DVD's to free some space. I thought just copying the movies and paste will work but it doesn't.

How can I do the transfer?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-14, 10:35 PM
Hi Kolias nice to see you again. When I first saw the title of your post I thought maybe you were asking about external DVD drives. Then I realized you were not so I did a bit of research on your behalf and found a wiki that talks about some free software and how to use it for making DVDs. Here is the link 3 Ways to Copy a DVD Movie - wikiHow . Quite honestly I can't say I have heard of all of these programs just only some and I have never made a DVD off of my computer so I don't know how accurate the information is.

I suggest you read the article though and then wait and see if anyone has used the software mentioned or something else. It at least gives you a start and hopefully in the right direction.

Old 02-10-14, 07:10 AM
Nice to see you again hedgeclippers, I'm aware of the wikiHow link but it is not what I want. This link talks about to make a backup of a DVD and I want to copy from my USB stick to a DVD

Old 02-10-14, 07:19 AM
Group Moderator
You need a DVD burner program. I use Real pro which cost me $35. The basic version is free but doesn't include the burner portion.

At one time I used Nero.... that worked pretty good and, I believe, it was free.

Old 02-11-14, 05:39 AM
I had an older DVD burner program and it did not work but now I got an upgrade and its fine.

Thank you