Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Wiring Second Telephone Lines

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

03-05-01, 02:33 PM   #1  
I have just moved in to a new space and the previous tenent removed the telephone jacks for reasons unknown. I have identified the wires which have the two telephone lines I ordered. My problem is how to wire them to a jack. One pair is blue/blue white. I thought the way to wire them was to wire the blue to the blue terminal and the blue white to the white terminal. This has not worked. Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links

CANADA

03-06-01, 06:13 AM   #2  
Unless you are using a dual line phone...

if you have a wall jack install, get a wall plate with 2 jacks, that way one jack could be for 1 line and the other jack for the 2nd line. The appropriate line pair goes on red & green of the jack. For example 1 line - blue to red and blue/white to green terminal of jack. you should get a dial tone when a phone is pluged in, if any problems dialing then swap the 2 wires.

Do the same with the 2nd pair of wires used for the 2nd line to the 2nd jack.

http://www.bell.ca/en/care/guide/wir...RS_USER_GUIDES

this is a home telephone wiring guide that my phone company has on their site which may also be helpfull.

Search this Thread