Windows 8 - Internet problems

Old 04-11-14, 04:03 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Windows 8 - Internet problems

Hello- I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 8. When I am on facebook and I click on a link it takes a couple minutes to open. Is there anything that I can do to fix this? I am not sure how to find out what version of Internet Explorer that I have.

Old 04-11-14, 04:32 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
If W8 has a help tab at the top, click on that, then click on "about". It should tell you which iE you have. In all honesty, ditch the problem laden browser and step into the 21st century with either Firefox or Chrome. The less you attach yourself to Microsoft the better you will like your experiences.

Old 04-11-14, 08:10 AM
H
To find your version click on Help then click on About Internet Explorer. Probably nothing really serious slowing you down, you probably have been to many websites since you bought your laptop. Click on safety and then click on Delete Browsing History that should take care of your speed problem. I agree with Larry(Chandler) though I would ditch IE and no longer use it as a browser. Firefox in my opinion is more secure and more reliable than about any browser out there.

Old 04-11-14, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
Facebook seems to be having an issue with flash player. Flash player has been crashing lately when I use facebook. I get that delay also.. I am using FF..

Although I was on the beta channel with FF, I have since reverted back from beta 29 to standard 28...version this morning on all computers...

This is my knowledge of the issue you describe...

Old 04-11-14, 02:28 PM
H
Mike I haven't had any problems using Flash Player with Firefox on Facebook. I think what you need to do is reset Firefox. Go to Help and click on Troubleshooting Information and then you can reset Firefox. You will probably have to download Flash again in Firefox as that usually gets rid of your applications but once done everything should work well again. Have a great weekend!

Old 04-13-14, 04:41 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
I doubt that the problem is the browser if it's only slow on Facebook. If there is a flash problem with Facebook, as Lawrosa mentioned, click tools & manage addons. What version of Flash do you have. I believe that Adobe Flash is up to version 13.

Old 04-13-14, 05:46 PM
H
I agree Pulpo that it could be an old version of Flash Player but usually Flash shows a pop up telling you that a newer version of Flash is available. Of course you could probably turn notifications off but I never do I would rather be informed of updates. Once you do that update it should take care of all of the browsers at once. I have though on occasion went to Adobes website to do updates manually. Persistent problems with Firefox though usually require a restart of Firefox.

Old 04-13-14, 06:04 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
I just had a similar problem with Flash, in IE. An error message said that I needed to update Flash. I did the update & the web site didn't recognize the update. On a different site, the video would start but I would get a dialog box that said that the Flash wanted to store something on my PC. No matter if I clicked deny or allow, it did nothing. I think that Adobe is garbage, all around.

Old 04-13-14, 07:33 PM
H
I agree Pulpo Flash isn't the greatest even on Linux it is garbage sometimes but until something better comes along we will have to live with it. It is those websites that say they want to store something on your computer that you start having problems with Flash. I loaded software on Facebook for video chat that works with Flash but was hesitant about it. Later on I did a scan on my computer just to be sure.

Old 04-14-14, 06:54 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Do you know in what directory flash stores whatever garbage they store?

Old 04-14-14, 10:24 AM
H
No Pulpo that I don't know but I imagine if you did a search of your computer you could find it. I am sure Jerseymatt knows as he works on computers every day. I can help you get out of a jam if you get a virus but I don't keep up with the directories of programs. I can look myself but if you have Windows XP it may be in a different place. Sorry I wish I could help you!

Old 04-14-14, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
Old 04-14-14, 04:25 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
hedgeclippers, I can find it. I thought that you might know off the top of your head. As far as I'm concerned, it's spyware.

lawrosa, I'll take a look at that link.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: