Iphoto help please!

Old 04-15-14, 11:53 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Iphoto help please!

I have some pics in iPhoto (MacBook Pro) and i want to drop them onto a thumb drive, take them to my local store and print. I'm a new Mac user and have used a PC for years.

How do i do this? Drag and drop does not seem to work…

Thanks!

Old 04-15-14, 02:02 PM
H
Not having a Mac myself I looked up your question doing a Google search. Apple has a forum something like this and I think I might have found your solution. Use this link to look at the solutions they have there https://discussions.apple.com/message/24081017#24081017. Welcome to the forum!

Old 04-15-14, 02:39 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,575 Votes on 1,416 Posts
Which part are you specifically having trouble with? Drag and drop as well as copy and paste both work very similar to Windows.

Old 04-16-14, 10:06 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 320 Votes on 286 Posts
Using the newer versions of iPhoto, you should be able to drag and drop any photo from iPhoto to a folder or onto your desktop.

If for some reason it's not working, you can also export the photos. Simply command-click on the photos you want (or the folders) and go to File -> Export. I always choose 'Original' if I'm going to be printing them, it will ensure you are exporting the highest quality photos, even if they are a bit large.

Old 04-16-14, 02:12 PM
A
Thanks guys! I figured it out… finally. I was trying to move a pic that for some reason only existed as a thumbnail on iPhoto. There was no actual pic there. Sure had me going for a while. And i'm disappointed that the pic is gone, oh well...

Thanks again for the input.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: