Looking for commercial/industrial printer

Old 04-19-14, 05:34 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Looking for commercial/industrial printer

Looking for a printer. Probably commercial or industrial. Looking for a printer that can print on 5x5 preferably a minimum of 4x4 if possible. Looking for it to be able to do 600 x 600 DPI at least. Looking for it to have a rear tray / straight or direct feed path. Laser, not ink. Able to do heavy paper, like fiberboard. Something from about 80-110 lb paper. Something I can connect my computer or USB with files on it to the printer to print the images. The plan is to be able to print on blank cd sleeves the covers and inserts. If I'm not being too specific on certain things please ask me to clarify. Thank you!

Old 04-19-14, 05:42 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the forums! We don't hold ourselves out to recommend items outside the realm of Do it Yourself projects. It would appear you would be better served Googling your criteria and perform a shopping agenda from the results.

Old 04-19-14, 11:37 AM
H
I agree with Larry(Chandler) that is a fairly commercial type of printer that most people here wouldn't use in either their small business or their home. There are computer forums out there and probably printer forums too. If you need advice on how to fix a computer I can tell you some things and there are others that know more than I. Larry is a real pro when it comes to fixing things and not just computer stuff but his semi regular profession of a contractor since he is semi retired. So if you have questions like that we are glad to help. Welcome to the forum!

Old 04-22-14, 10:19 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 199 Votes on 178 Posts
I can't provide a specific recommendation for what you're looking to do, printing on heavyweight paper is definitely not a 'common' requirement, though I'm sure there are printers out there that can do it. I'd imagine most heavy card stock ends up being offset printed as opposed to laser printed.

For the price you're probably going to pay you may find it significantly cheaper to work with a printer. (printing company, not printer device) In a lot of cases, it's easier to let someone else worry about the details and you can focus directly on your project (recording, music, etc.)

Old 04-22-14, 10:57 AM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I have not kept on top of the market because I haven't had a need, but I've had an OKI C5150n color LED printer (like laser but better because it does all four colors in a single pass) for about 10 years, and it is a workhorse. I use it to print my own advertising, and it's a straight path so it handles the heavy cardstock like a champ. I don't know how small it can do, but it does envelopes, so that's at least down to 4" wide, but I know lasers are picky about length too.. 1200x600 resolution.

I've got almost 13,000 color pages on it with no issues. If I had to buy another one I would choose an OKI in a second.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: