Ms money woes

Old 05-01-14, 12:05 PM
B
Received 11 Votes on 7 Posts
Ms money woes

Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor said Money 2001 wouldn't work with 7 so I downloaded an update that seemed to install correctly....

Download Money Plus Sunset Deluxe from Official Microsoft Download Center

However, when I try to import my backup from the 2001 version I get....

One thing I noticed was the upgrade mentioins "Money Plus ***" and my disc says "Money Standard". Not going to work??

Geezz, I've got 14 years of stuff in there and I sure as hell ain't gonna go jumping between two computers till I take a dirt nap.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Old 05-01-14, 03:11 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Not really sure Baldwin I used to use Money myself years ago but it is no longer sold or supported by Microsoft. Why? It beats me and I don't think Microsoft ever came out with any good answers. While I can't guarantee anything LibreOffice does have some things that Microsoft has abandoned. It might be possible to import what you have into one of their programs. Here is a link to them https://www.libreoffice.org/ .

This is all free and done by volunteers and is in no way associated with Microsoft. With the suite I can open and edit Word documents but haven't used it for anything else.

Old 05-01-14, 04:58 PM
Z
Received 86 Votes on 80 Posts
...and I sure as hell ain't gonna go jumping between two computers till I take a dirt nap.

lol lol lol lol lol ....................................

Old 05-01-14, 06:18 PM
B
Received 11 Votes on 7 Posts
Finally Got It...Sorta

On the XP box you have to export as a QIF file then import to the 7 box. Worked well. Closed the 7 and saved a backup which is a mbf file.

This makes no sense to me. If my HD were to crash what good is the backup mbf file on say a floppy if I can't load it into a new MS Money when I replace the HD?

Yes, I have Libreoffice, nice for spreadsheets.

lol lol lol lol lol ....................................

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: