Angry Birds Without Internet Connection

Old 05-10-14, 03:58 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,561 Votes on 1,404 Posts
Angry Birds Without Internet Connection

We just had a power outage so I went to play Angry Birds Space on my Mac and it would not load. It's a purchased/paid version and I'm able to play when flying as a passenger but when the power was out and my Internet not working the program would not load. Is this just a thing of Rovio? I assumed since I purchased the game and it worked when in the air that I did not require an Internet connection? If a connection is required is there a way around it?

Old 05-10-14, 05:47 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Votes on 8 Posts
Must be like one of the music download things I tried. They stored your music in a cloud. Only problem, listening to it in an area where there was no internet, it skipped and cut out until service was restored. Deep sixed that one really quick. Got an Ipod touch and downloaded to it instead.

Old 05-10-14, 07:01 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I have heard of Angry Birds by going on Facebook but I was never interested in the game. Since you paid for the game though I didn't want to see you lose money so I looked up your answer. Do you have Google Chrome as a browser? If you don't you need to install it so you can play offline. Here is a link that explains how to do it Play Angry Birds online & offline free in any web browser - TechnalayaTechnalaya .

Old 05-11-14, 05:22 AM
P
Group Moderator
Yes, I am running Chrome. But I am using the free standing, paid version of the game. Not the free online game.

When our Internet was out the game loaded halfway and popped up an error screen with lots of code. When the power and Internet came back on the game loads properly. I can duplicate the error by turning off the WiFi on my computer. That much I understand but when I'm traveling I often have the WiFi turned off like when a airplane passenger and the game has loaded properly. I can't understand what might have changed to cause the problem.

Old 05-11-14, 09:27 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I wish I could help you further but I am not familiar with the game. Have you contacted Rovio? They have a frequently asked questions page and a contact us button at the bottom of their website here is the link FAQ - Rovio Entertainment Ltd .

Old 05-11-14, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator
Received 300 Votes on 238 Posts
I wonder if the game somehow became corrupt because of the outage?

I have Angry Birds and Temple Run, and I can play them without WIFI around.

You should be able to re-download it for free. At least it works like that on my IPhone.

Can't think of any other reason it won't play.

Old 05-12-14, 03:10 AM
R
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Certain versions require a connection to download new levels. I wonder if it had already flagged for the download before the power went off?

Old 05-12-14, 04:54 AM
P
Group Moderator
I think Shadeladie might be onto something as I don't recall having this issue before and I usually played the game while a air passenger with the WiFi turned off. I've sent Rovio an E-mail.

I'd like to hold off re-downloading the program as I think it will reset me to the beginning of the game. I remember when I got the Mac that my progress in the game could not be saved when I moved to a new computer.

Old 05-12-14, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator
You need to copy all the files ending with .lua to a folder, then copy them back after you download.
If you have ITunes, you can sync your Mac with that, then get your saved game that way. If you haven't synced it yet, not sure if it would work if the game is corrupt.

Old 05-13-14, 04:44 AM
P
Group Moderator
I received a reply from Rovio. The game not running without an active Internet connection is a known bug with Mac's running the latest OSX Maverics and Rovio is working on a fix.

Old 05-13-14, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator
Hopefully they'll put out a fix soon. At least you won't lose any saved games.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: