Who knows anything about AutoVue?

Old 05-14-14, 05:27 AM
L
Received 3 Votes on 1 Post
Who knows anything about AutoVue?

I run a program at work that, under some applications, tells me I need to buy AutoVue (from the software manufacturer...).

Then I see websites where I can download AutoVue for free.

Are these the same programs? ''Free'' is an Accountant-approved number to pay...

Old 05-14-14, 09:19 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,166 Votes on 1,124 Posts
I know of no free versions of AutoVue. It is an Oracle product which is for viewing many different file types - in my line of work it is typically used for viewing CAD drawings.

Old 05-16-14, 09:02 AM
L
Received 3 Votes on 1 Post
Yep. That's the one. Blueprints, in this case.

I'll probably just print from Adobe reader. It's adding three more steps, but that's still easier than getting Accounting to open the company wallet...

Thanks

Old 05-16-14, 02:25 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,166 Votes on 1,124 Posts
Personally, I'm not a fan of AutoVue but problematic as the program and the partnership we have with Oracle are, it ends up being the best product we can find.

If you can get by with Adobe Reader, I'd probably go with that. The customers we have who object to that are simply not interested in re-saving hundreds to thousands of CAD files as PDFs and then re-attaching them to the application. Those who start new usually just go with PDF as most CAD programs I've seen can easily save in that format.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: