Outlook express

Old 05-31-14, 04:52 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Outlook express

My computer is on wifi from my wife's account and I have been using Hotmail until it changed to Outlook successfully for approx seven years.
During this time, I have never been asked to log in.
Yesterday when pulling up my email, I was informed that I needed to log in, something I have never had to do since inception. I have not a clue as to what my password and after filling in my user email address and writing some security numbers into a box, I cannot access or receive maiI. a question asked how to learn my password to MSN just puts me into orbit as a cat chasing its tail.
frustrated in Anderson, SC

Old 05-31-14, 09:53 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts

Might try properties in outlook. Right click. Select properties. Does not work with a short cut. Only in the original outlook express in the programs. Might be worth a try.

Another solution I have used, until I learned how to due it myself based on their advice, is calling and getting the advice of the ISP you're using. Like or similar to adding an additional email account.

I Know. I Know. Heard it before. All the Reasons why not calling an ISP...

Your choice and just My 2 Cents ()....

BTW:
Outlook Express is great. Not new nor does it have all the bells and whistles but still works fine IMO.

Old 06-04-14, 09:41 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If your provider is MSN/Hotmail about the only thing I think you can do is go to their website and click "Forgot Password" at the login prompt. If it really has been 7 years since you typed in the password they'll probably ask you a bunch of questions you don't know the answers to. Same thing happened to me recently. I feel for you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: