Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

HewlettP Printer 694C

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

03-12-01, 12:30 PM   #1  
hewlett packard 694C

My printer prints about 8 lines and stops and the "trouble" light blinks; the paper is stuck in the printer with 8 lines showing...It is 4 years old..never a problem ever.
Should I try to find a repair or replace it??

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-12-01, 03:21 PM   #2  
mikejmerritt
Gerri, At about a hundred dollars to replace I think I would get another one. I don't know any tips to help you in this case but hang in there a day or two perhaps someone will....Mike

CANADA

03-12-01, 08:35 PM   #3  
Unplug the printer, not just turn it off by the on/off switch, but actually unplug it. Now shut down the computer , power in down. Now plug the printer back in, turn on and reboot the computer. I've had my printer hang up before that only by unpluging the printer for a minute corrected it.

Try one more thing reinstall the printer drivers. reboot the computer, if it still has the problem, then it likely lies with the printer. Like with anything else if repairs are going to reach or approach 50 % of the cost of a new one, then that is the route I usually recommend.

Search this Thread