I am a novice with tablets and I am having a problem

Old 07-25-14, 07:09 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I am a novice with tablets and I am having a problem

Last month I started a new job and the company has loaned me a tablet PC. There is a problem with it that I can't seem to figure out. I need to report time and other information on my employer's web site. They have a special application made just for them. I bring up a web page where I am expected to enter the information. There is a place to enter the date. You click on a down arrow, and a drop-down menu appears which has the month. I tap the correct month with the stylus, and it enters correctly. Then I click on the down arrow for the day. A drop-down menu appears with the first 15 days of the month, and a slider. I want to enter a date from the second part of the month. I put the stylus on the slider, and push down. Nothing happens. I put the stylus to the left just a little bit, on the numbers, and push up. Usually nothing happens. I have used PCs for years, and I know perfectly well how to select from a drop-down menu on a regular PC. I have found that with this particular situation with a tablet, I have to struggle with the menu and push or tap it as many as ten times before it slides to the number I want. It seems like I either have to touch it just right, or it works randomly. I have encountered similar problems with this tablet elsewhere. The stylus has a little hole in the rubber thing on the end. Is that the problem? If not , what's going on?

Old 07-25-14, 10:01 PM
F
Received 36 Votes on 28 Posts
Have you tried asking the IT or payroll people?

Old 07-26-14, 04:27 AM
R
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
If the stylus works properly in other apps it's not a mechanical issue. What happens if you pinch-zoom and use your finger on the drop-down box?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: