MS OneNote 2007

Old 08-18-14, 11:58 AM
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
MS OneNote 2007

I would like to try the Onenote program and since I have Vista Home I downloaded from Cnet a trial version of Onenote 2007. The download directs me to a MS site to get a product key for this software but when I go to this site there is only info on how to get the key for the MS Office and basically they tell you to look on the back of the CD etc.

Anyone knows how I can get a working trial version of Onenote for Vista?

Old 08-18-14, 01:09 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It looks like you are out of luck Kolias OneNote is only available for Windows 7 now unless you buy it from a retailer and the last version that supported Vista was the 2010 version. Even Windows 7 though will not have trial versions available. Here is a link to Microsoft's website Microsoft OneNote – note taking software .

Starting in April 11th of next year support ends in another two years for Vista so that probably is the main reason why. Here is a link to the life cycle for Vista from Microsoft Windows lifecycle fact sheet - Windows Help

Old 08-18-14, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator
Received 69 Votes on 61 Posts
Why not jsut get a external hard drive that you can access from anywhere? Same thing as one note really as they are using the one drive cloud storage..

Make your own cloud......... I use a 2 tb mybook..

My Book

WD Learning Center - My*Book*Live - How To's

This would be the log on page after you set up...

https://www.wd2go.com/submitLogin.do

Old 08-18-14, 05:08 PM
I kind of figure it out hedgeclippers but thought maybe was a way. I’m also aware that Vista is near to the end of its life and I plan to upgrade to Windows 8.xx soon

lawrosa looks like “My Book” is not what I’m after. I have the Ecco PIM which I use extensively since 1993 and since this program will not work with Windows 8 I thought that Onenote maybe a good alternative and that is why I wanted a trial version of it.

Ecco from Netmanage has been the best PIM after Lotus dropped their Lotus Agenda in early 90s but since technology changes so rapidly, I guess we have to adapt

Old 08-18-14, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator
Received 69 Votes on 61 Posts
Not familiar but ecco pro is 20 bucks annually.. I dont think its been updated since 1997...

EccoPro, Project and Information Management | eccopro.com

If its PIM your after there are many out there..

Do you need access from anywhere?

Old 08-19-14, 07:04 AM
Thanks so much Mike, the link you provided will do it. I do have now EccoPro32 but I guess these guys have added what is required to make it work in today’s environment. But I will wait to upgrade to Windows 8.xx to make sure that my current Ecco is ok or not. I only use Ecco locally so I don’t have the need for remote capabilities

There is no other PIM which comes even close to Ecco, except Onenote which I have not tried.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: