How to re-install Microsoft Digital Image 2006 successfully?

Old 09-07-14, 09:21 AM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How to re-install Microsoft Digital Image 2006 successfully?

Hello:
I've been using Microsoft Digital Image 2006 since I got Windows 7 about five to six years ago and LOVE it over any Photo-editing programs.

Recently, however I was unable to load any photoes from my digital camera, .... if luckily able to load photoes from the camera, all of those photoes are grayish, ... not able to see apparent pictures.

I uninstalled MDI 2006 and re-installed it several times, however the issue, the above persisted. There is no solution to this.

Is there any way for me to 'clean install' MDI 2006 successfully?

Thanks for any help on this regard.

Old 09-07-14, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
Are you sure the problem isn't your camera? Have you tried uploading with another program? Even Windows itself is able to do this, just as a test. When you connect your camera, you should get a list of other programs that you can use.

Old 09-07-14, 02:12 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I agree with Becky(Shadeladie) I don't see this as a problem with Microsoft Digital Image at all and rather a problem with the camera itself. I have Microsoft Digital Image on my computer running Windows 7 and the same years version as what you have and I have had no problems with it. Also to save power with the cameras batteries I don't use the camera I use a card reader and I find that simpler and easier for me since my camera is upstairs and my office is in the basement. It also saves on wear and tear to the cameras electronics.

So I suggest the use of a camera card and letting your camera take a rest. If however you still see the problem and have successfully used a card from another camera then your camera needs to be replaced or repaired. I would also check this same card out on another computer and see about your results there as your present computer may have a virus on it if all other video is clear on your computer. Use a card reader first and then let us know how it does and we can then give you more suggestions.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: