Picture Previews

Old 03-16-01, 06:10 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Win98,

When I have the desktop set under views, views as web page, and highlight a picture file, I can get thumbnail previews, that shows up on the left side of the desktop, of all picture extensions but not .jpg

It will not show these previews, can anyone tell me why and how to get a preview to work for that file extension?

Old 03-16-01, 03:35 PM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If no one gets an answer any sooner, I will check this out at home, I am at work now and NT here is not set that way. My system at home is set to provide previews while inside a folder but not from the desktop, so I will check on this ASAP.

Old 03-16-01, 08:07 PM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
Plumber2000, My .jpgs generate a preview as do my .bmp and all other image files. The .bmp open in MS Paint and .jpgs open in IE. I suppose because all of them are "save picture as" from websites. My question is: When you open one of the files that will generate a preview what is in the title bar at the top of the window? When you open one the files that won't generate a preview what is in the title bar? .....Mike

Old 03-17-01, 03:33 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
Plumber2000, To change the program that a .jpg opens with highlight the file, hold down the shift key, right click the file and choose open with. Mine default to IE so if yours are not give that a try...Mike

Old 03-17-01, 07:08 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
This is what in the title for .jpg, after I made it open with IE:

C:\My Photos\aerator.jpg

Making the opening change, still did not make a preview. all other extension generate the small preview on the left side of the screen.

This is no big deal but I have lots of pictures and hate having to open ie just to see .jpg files, thats what is nice about preview.

Old 03-17-01, 05:35 PM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
Try this first-
Click Start > Run, and type or paste the following command in the Open box:

regsvr32.exe /i shdocvw.dll - If you have Internet Explorer 4 installed

regsvr32.exe /i shdoc401.dll - If you have Internet Explorer 5 installed

You should get for example:regsvr32.exe /i shdoc401.dll succeded...If not post back...

And a little reading http://support.microsoft.com/support.../q192/5/73.asp
Later...Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: