Office Shortcut Does Not Work

Old 09-21-14, 08:10 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Office Shortcut Does Not Work

I have installed Office 2002 in my win 8.1 and all programs work good but when I create a shortcut for a document (word or excel) and I click the shortcut I get the message "There was a problem sending the command to the program" and then word or excell opens with a blank document. I can do file open and load my document ok but just the shortcut does not work

I checked the shortcut properties and it says to open with word / excel and my default settings are set ok too

Why the shortcuts do not open word or excel?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-14, 09:11 AM
Temporarily Suspended
How did you create the shortcut? If you right click on it & left click on find target, does it find it?

Delete the current shortcut, find the file wherever it is on the hard drive, right click on it & left click on create shortcut. If it creates it in the same folder, drag & drop it to the desktop.

Old 09-21-14, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator
Received 14 Votes on 12 Posts
Office 2002 is not supported with windows 8... Im surprised you even got it to load. My office 2000 would not.

I have 2007 now....

Old 09-21-14, 09:33 AM
I bought Office13 Home but I find all keyboard shortcuts I knew from Office 2002 are not working there so for now I use Office2002 and later I will get used to the newer Office. My Office2002 works well except for what I mentioned before which is not so important. I thought I was missing something
Thanks

Old 09-22-14, 07:00 AM
Group Moderator
Received 47 Votes on 44 Posts
I'm with Mike - surprised this worked in the first place.

Office 2013 is a lot different than 2002 but bite the bullet and get used to it would be my advice.

Old 09-22-14, 11:47 AM
Mike you want me to bite the bullet ehh, LOL, well I dont mind but I find 2002 so fast and convenient because I do all my work with keyboard shortcuts. So far works very good but I have to open word or excel and select open/file to get the docs I use often (shortcuts dont work which I dont mind that much). I know that MS and other members say the 2002 is not supported but for me it works just find.

Pulpo I right click in my document and selected create shortcut - send to desktop. When I rightclick on this shortcut it finds the file. But even if I click on my document on the file explorer it does not open the document and it should. Same for the excel files when I click one it should open excel but it does not - I get the messege I descibed above. I also did what you say to create a shortcut right where the file is on my HDD and clicking that shortcut I get the same message.

Perhaps eventually I will find how to do it but if not I would rather go to Open Office where the shortcuts I knew from Office2002 work the same. Office2013 for me it was a waste of money and a big shame for MS making the office with this bloody ribbon - quite useless to me anyway