Word2013 Printing Problem

Old 09-28-14, 12:18 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Word2013 Printing Problem

I was getting along with Word2013 until time came to print a document and then I hit a wall.

The problem? It was asking me to sign into OneNote before I can do any printing (actually it was saying for the first time I have to sign into OneNote)

I donít want to sign to OneNote because I have no use for it. Is there anyway to go around this obstacle?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-14, 12:52 AM
Kolias I think I have found your solution in an article I found here is the link How to Disable Microsoft OneNote | Chron.com . The nearest I have to Word 2013 is Word 2010 and 2010 I believe if I am not mistaken was the last year Microsoft had Word and the whole office suite on disk only. Meaning they didn't have all of the cloud junk or Office 365 that you pay a monthly charge for which to me is just plain ridiculous. Libre Office doesn't have problems like that. I think I gave a link to you before for it but can help you find it later if you need it.

Old 09-28-14, 06:07 AM
Excellent article hedgeclippers, thanks

I do have Libre Office and I find it is excellent and much simpler than MS Office but I want to learn Office 2013 since it has a completely different interface than Office2000XP I had before

I started to dislike MS because I find they try to force you their own way to work and eventually I believe I will end up using Libre Office

Old 09-28-14, 01:14 PM
Group Moderator
Received 46 Votes on 43 Posts
I've never been asked to sign in to One Note and have been using Office 2013 for eight months.

What is the default printer set to on the computer?

Old 09-28-14, 01:23 PM
I agree Libre Office is much simpler to use which is why I mentioned it. Libre Office doesn't have that polished look like MS Office does and is not as fancy looking but they also don't restrict you on the number of copies you can have on different computers at the same time. My copy of Office Home and Student 2010 I have from MS does restrict me to the number of copies I can have to only three computers which isn't bad really but it could be better. I also don't like the way they set up spacing and you have to change that every time.

I am glad you liked the article it seems to be easy to follow and what I liked about it is that this was written for people who work in an office type setting so it wasn't too technical and easy to understand. If you have any problems with the advice there let me know I don't have 2013 but remember some of my experience of loading 2010 on my computer so I may be able to help some.

I've never been asked to sign in to One Note and have been using Office 2013 for eight months.

What is the default printer set to on the computer?
Mitch17 I believe Kolias printer preference was set to One Note by default and that could have happened if he didn't have printer drivers on his computer when he set up Office 2013. The article I linked to shows him how to change that.

Last edited by hedgeclippers; 09-28-14 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Additional information
Old 09-28-14, 01:33 PM
I never had any problem printing either mitch prior to installing Office13, only have 1 printer in my home network but after the Office13 installation it chnaged the default printer to virtual OneNote and never noticed prior to the tip from hedgeciippers.

Thanks for the offer hedgeclippers

Old 09-28-14, 01:39 PM
Sorry, I did not read all the thread from hedgeclippers. I do have an Epson driver in my laptop which I downloaded specifically for windows 8.1 when I bought my laptop and it was working fine. OneNote change it without my knowledge and I find it pretty snicky that MS did this.

Old 09-28-14, 01:47 PM
That is odd that it was changed that way I didn't have that problem with Office 2010. Nice to know though it is an easy fix. Going to go fix an early dinner if you have any questions or problems post them and I will see if I can help have a nice Sunday!