Unwanted E-Mails

Old 10-05-14, 01:56 AM
Unwanted E-Mails

Hello,
I am receiving emails that do not match my email address. So I am wondering how do these end up in my in box. Also the contents of these emails are sexually suggestive.
The address of the sender is a crazy mix of letters. I put the address on my block list and then later I receive another email from the same person using a different email address. The sender indicates that she saw my picture on "Facebook" and I never sent a picture of myself to that website. So I think these are random emails sent out to many people. I closed my account with "Facebook" thinking it would stop these unwanted emails.
I have not replied to these emails. Any idea's on how to solve this?
I use yahoo for my email. Their robot help system is of no help.

Last edited by rjordan393; 10-05-14 at 02:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-14, 05:52 AM
Unfortunately I have been hearing nasty rumors about Yahoo mail and none of it good. It has mainly been about people hacking passwords for e-mail accounts but other things too. Bear in mind that these are just rumors and not all fact. I think though if I were you I would seriously consider setting up a new e-mail account or accounts. Right now as an alternative I am using AOL's free e-mail for some of my e-mail and I have been quite satisfied with it. My AOL mail seems to have less spam than my isp's e-mail system and they also allow me more storage of e-mail too.

Old 10-05-14, 05:59 AM
Hedge, I've been using Yahoo since the beginning. Never an issue, but I change my password every six months.

Spammers send a single email to many different random addresses. You may not see your address among them, but it is there.

All you can do is identify them as spam. Never respond or click on the links. Also, it probably did not originate from Facebook. Treat everything in the body of those emails as a lie, because it is.

Last edited by Rick Johnston; 10-05-14 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Add response to Hedge.
Old 10-05-14, 06:54 AM
I used to use Yahoo e-mail and it isn't bad really but quit a long time ago. Not because of hackers and not because of spam either but I think it was mainly because I had joined my new isp and I no longer had time for Yahoo e-mail too. I also had problems with Walmart Connect which became Netscape Connect and is owned by AOL.

Someone with that account was spoofing my account and sending e-mails to me with what looked like my e-mail address. How they did that I don't know but somehow they managed. Now though with new accounts no new problems so maybe rjordan393 should just use another e-mail name but stay with Yahoo if he likes it.

Old 10-05-14, 09:01 AM
I also have an email account with Comcast cable. If I cannot get Yahoo to allow me to change my email, then I will delete my account with yahoo and just use my Comcast account for my email. If I do this, then I need to change my profile on all the forums to indicate my new email address.

Old 10-05-14, 09:05 AM
Group Moderator
Many forums only require a valid email address to register.
On the other hand if the forums don't have your current address you won't receive anything from them.

Old 10-05-14, 09:18 AM
I have a phone number for Yahoo tech support, I think. I will call Monday to see if the number is still valid.