How to know correct cd/dvdrw for Dell laptop?

Old 10-17-14, 09:31 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to know correct cd/dvdrw for Dell laptop?

I have a Dell Latitude E6410. I would like to get a cd/dvd read writer. Not sure where to look to make sure I am getting one that is a correct fit. Any guidance?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-14, 11:10 AM
H
First you need to look at the drive you have right now and luckily Dell provides downloads on how to service their laptops. Even so though their service manuals are not always clear and extreme care needs to be taken as those parts are fragile here is a link to the service manual for your laptop ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-produ...nual_en-us.pdf . Go to page 9 once you download this and read the instructions and click on ant blue links they have.

I would especially read the part before you get started and then if unsure look for YouTube videos that describe how to remove the optical drive. It will not say DVD drive in the manual it will say Optical drive. It used to be you could more easily take apart these laptops and repair or replace things but the more recent laptops are harder to navigate around. They said nothing about a screw on the bottom but I bet you need to remove at least one to remove the drive.

Once the drive is removed you will find that it is an SATA laptop optical drive. You don't need to replace it with the exact same manufacturer but the shape of the drive matters a great deal so if you buy a replacement for your drive make sure the shape matches as well as the type and whether it will work in your laptop. So I definitely would search by model number on e-bay or in a general Google search as there are some good dealers off of e-bay too that will have what you need and some that only sell Dell parts. Whoever you buy from make sure you can return it.

Old 10-17-14, 01:15 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Old 10-17-14, 08:50 PM
H
Pulpo the link you have is much cheaper than what I found with a place I had investigated some and bookmarked. I found a new CD/DVD drive here Dell Latitude E6410 CD/DVD | Replacement Part . The price though is really high I am going to look on e-bay for you and see what they have. Here are the e-bay results be sure to check the sellers rating Dell Latitude E6410 dvd drive | eBay