photo printing programs

Old 10-19-14, 07:32 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
photo printing programs

Now that I/we conquered my printer operating issues, I'm in need of a easy photo/document printing program.

Years ago I had a program(free)that allowed me to resize, correct color, lighting, settings ,etc..
It also had a task bar(?) at the top of its window to allow adjustments/corrections.
and e-mail.

Any body recall a program like such?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-14, 07:36 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Best free photo editing software: 10 top image editors you should try | News | TechRadar

Maybe it was one of the 10 free programs listed there.

Old 10-19-14, 07:51 AM
Group Moderator
Received 188 Votes on 175 Posts
For simple stuff I use Paint that comes with Windows but it is short on more advanced features.

Old 10-19-14, 08:39 AM
Group Moderator
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Old 10-19-14, 01:49 PM
I would try Gimp Shop it is totally free and something like Photoshop so it has what I think are the most advanced features for freeware. Here is a link to Gimp Shop Gimpshop | The Free Photoshop Alternative /opensource/ I haven't used it a great deal as I haven't done much editing lately but I find it a great program once you get used to everything. I think the main thing was how the program saves things that was a bit annoying as it isn't like Photoshop but once you get the hang of it it isn't bad. So I certainly would look up reviews and tips before you get started.

Old 10-19-14, 03:33 PM
Thanks everyone for your inputs. I'll check out your suggestions, and recommendations.

Old 10-19-14, 09:47 PM
I am modifying my previous post with another link for Gimp Shop the previous link didn't even have Gimp Shop in the download. There were other programs and browser helpers I didn't want so here is the new link from Softonic Download GIMPshop . This link included a browser plugin for the Ask search engine which SuperAntiSpware removed. After the download was complete Gimp Shop was installed and it looks like it will work fine. I changed laptops so that is why I had to download it. I think it is worth the download problems if you get rid of the bloat.

A tip when you get to the download un-check the checked off things and refuse any offers. It will not get rid of the Ask tool bar that you have to remove after the install. I am sorry if someone tried the first link and it didn't work right.

Last edited by hedgeclippers; 10-19-14 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Additonal information
Old 10-20-14, 03:41 AM
Group Moderator
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
From Wikipedia regarding Gimp Shop:
Status

GIMPshop was based on the old GIMP 2.2.11, and is not current with the latest GIMP codebase. In order to maintain usability, some users have taken to manually updating GIMPshop's libraries themselves.[7] Due to pending concerns over rights to the GIMPshop name, and a dispute with the individual who purchased the gimpshop.com domain, plans for an update are on hold. As explained by Moschella:

Not more than a few days after the OS X version was released and spread virally, someone who isn't me bought "Gimpshop.com", put up a site with hot-links to the files on my site and began advertising - LOTS of advertising. Soon, there were donate buttons, my name in the site's title and much more - making it look like my website.

I asked that the owner stop hot-linking my files (and draining my bandwidth), so he hosted them somewhere else. I questioned his motives and he said he was just a fan and that the site was a "fan-site".

It has been five years, the software has stagnated (due in no small part to my becoming discouraged by this one profiteer who trumped me, stole much of my traffic and bumped my site down to the second result when you search for "Gimpshop"). I assumed the guy would just give it up as I sadly let the project stagnate, but that hasn't happened.[8]

In a March 2014 discussion,[9] Moschella states:

I originally created Gimpshop, but I'm not the jerk who owns that domain and added adware & spyware to the source. Sorry about that. I hate that this guy is out there making my fun little project into an abomination.

….

I don't have a project site for it. I became discouraged after this whole ordeal and I let it slip away into obscurity. …. Gimpshop was a fun little 'prank' that got bigger than I ever expected. Sad what it has become, though.

At this time, downloads from Gimpshop.com provide version 2.8.x of GIMP,[citation needed] without features like unification of windows inside Microsoft Windows. The downloaded installer contains software offers for other software programs, all of which can be declined within the installer.
Source: GIMPshop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia