Application Failed to Install

Old 10-24-14, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Application Failed to Install

Finally my Vmware player is working fine and I have installed on it XPPro which works fine and PCLinux Fullmonty.08.2014 which I try to learn

On XPPro I tried to install 2 system utilities (Ultimate windows tweaker and WinBubbles) and in either when I click the .exe I get “The application failed to install 0xc0000135”. I have nothing else installed on this OS and I wonder why I get this message

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-14, 08:25 PM
According to some research I did with both of the programs you mentioned they both only work with Windows Vista or Windows 7 and probably Windows 8 too. They will not work with Windows XP in the VMware Player. According to research I did on PCWorlds website neither program will work.

Old 10-25-14, 06:24 AM
Temporarily Suspended
When you get an error message & you don't know what it means. search the entire error in Google. Some sites suggest that you don't have .NET Framework installed or at least not the latest version.

Old 10-25-14, 11:01 AM
It was the .NET Framework. I downloaded both the 3.5 and 4.0 versions and now all is fine

Thanks

Old 10-25-14, 03:30 PM
Temporarily Suspended
I'm glad to hear it. To keep it secure, don't use IE8. Download the latest version of Firefox.

Old 10-25-14, 03:52 PM
It is at least 10 years now that I'm using Firefox Pulpo and I love it

Old 10-25-14, 03:59 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Ok, good. Run no script with it. Only allow the scripts if you really trust the web site.

Old 10-26-14, 05:12 AM
Not familiar with this setting Pulpo, always left Firefox with the default settings

Old 10-26-14, 06:53 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Click tools & add-ons. A new tab will open. You'll see No-script in the list. Enable it. You can add your own rule sets but even if you leave it at the basic settings, it will block a lot of scripting. Looking at the DIY site, you'll see the scripts that are allowed by the owners of this site. Maybe they get paid to allow them. Google, Facebook & Twitter follow us around as much as possible. If a site doesn't display properly, click the options box in the bottom right hand corner & click allow the site. If you click allow all of this page, all the scripts will run. It's rare that I use that option.

Old 10-27-14, 07:46 AM
When I go to the add-ons tab there is nothing installed and there is nothing like No-script. I only see adds about new add-ons. Perhaps if I search I will find one?

Old 10-27-14, 10:50 AM
Kolias go to your Add-Ons Manager and search for No Script install No Script Security Suite it is the best as it is acknowledged by PC World to be the best at blocking scripts. I would also install Foxie Proxy it helps to keep you a bit more anonymous and Toggle Cookies as that either allows or does not allow third party cookies that can track your activity on the web. All are free and some ask for a small donation if you like them. If you use active sync to sync your other computers browsers bookmarks these will automatically install on your other computers.

Old 10-27-14, 01:43 PM
I downloaded and installed the No Script + the Foxie Proxy. Left all at default because there is lots to learn there

Thanks for the tip