making a computer salt and water resistant

Old 03-20-01, 03:23 PM
Visiting Guest
I have recently moved to mexico and now live on the ocean in the jungle.... Everything electronic soon develops problems caused by salt and water corrosion of the electrical contacts. I've seen the insides of a few TV's and video machines, and metal parts simply rust over time.

Does anyone know of anything that can be applied internally or with a spray that will coat the inner workings of laptop computers, TVs, etc to prevent this rust and corrosion.
I can live without a TV or Video, but not without music and my fully functioning computer

Thanks for whatever tips you can give me.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-01, 04:57 PM
The drawbacks of living in a warmer climic , I finally found a reason why I live in a place that has cold winters.

To be honest with I don't really have an answer for this one, I beleive there is thin plastic covers that can go over the keyboard and yet be fully functional, the other thing is a good cover sleeve that you may be able to get to go over the laptop that only exposes what it has to in order for you to use it, when not in use keep it ziped up in a protective case.

I would welcome any other ideas that our DIY'ers can come up with.