hp 3745 printer and win 8

Old 11-11-14, 09:05 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
hp 3745 printer and win 8

My hp printer suddenly stopped printing although sheet feeds and you can hear typing sounds; blank paper comes out.
This is a hp 3745 working with win8. I get a non compatible error. Any workarounds for this?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-14, 01:06 AM
H
Welcome to the forum although I don't have Windows 8 and I don't have an HP printer I think I will be able to help you as I had a similar although different problem with Windows 7 and a Lexmark printer I had been using with Windows XP before I switched os. First what I did is I tried system restore which usually straightens everything out but with my luck it didn't. What finally fixed things was having the correct driver from Lexmark and then my computer finally fully recognized my printer.

I found a driver download for your printer here is the link Software & driver downloads HP Deskjet 3745 Color Inkjet Printer | HP® Support . There is a drop down list of the drivers go to Windows 8 and select either 32 bit or 64 bit and while there if you are not sure if your operating system is 32 bit or 64 bit you will get help on that page. Usually it doesn't matter what you select if you have a 64 bit operating system but sometimes it does. Be sure to remove the old printer drivers first in ad/remove programs and then install the new driver.

That should solve your problem but if it doesn't let us know and we might be able to come up with a different solution.

Old 11-12-14, 07:42 AM
W
I tried the system restore; no luck. System is 64 bit. Had same problem with Lexmark 75 pro all in one. I will try the above. Thank you for your help.

Old 11-12-14, 11:34 PM
H
You are certainly welcome I know how frustrating it can be to lose the ability to print. With Windows 7 it was about 4 times that that happened to me. One thing I forgot to mention is that sometimes either malware or even your anti-virus can play havoc with your printer. So if you keep having problems check for Malware I personally like SuperAntiSpyware myself and try to avoid McAfee or Norton as they can cause a great deal of problems. I also am not a big fan of AVG although it isn't quite as bad as either McAfee or Norton.

Old 11-29-14, 01:50 PM
R
the problem is on your ink cartridge maybe it is not genuine or when you replaced the ink cartridge you didn't remove the plastic well