Hi
i got laptop TOSHIBA SATELLITE NB10t -A-10F
the web cam suddenly stopped working
i tried
even bios update with no result
here is photo from device manager

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-14, 12:09 AM
It will be most helpful knowing exactly what operating system you are using. I looked up your laptop and it said Windows 8 but I also know that some people have switched from Windows 8 to Linux. If that is the case what specific Linux distribution are you using? Without more specific information we may not be able to help you.

Old 11-17-14, 07:43 AM
Temporarily Suspended
There is no device manager in Linux. If you double click on the camera in the device manager, it should say that the device is working properly since there are no yellow or red marks in front of it. That means the driver is good, although you could try a driver update anyway. Did any Windows updates run the night before?

Update & run malwarebytes or whatever anti malware program that you use or try a system restore, if there is a recent date, in the list.

Old 11-21-14, 08:00 AM
i did fresh windows installation many times
and bios update
driver download with no result
windows 7 32 bit

Old 11-21-14, 01:34 PM
Temporarily Suspended
It sounds like the hardware is damaged. May I suggest a USB Web Cam, as a work around?

Old 11-22-14, 01:03 PM
I agree maybe the camera is damaged in some way but the driver is still there. First before buying a new camera go to device manager and right click on the camera and then click on Properties. Once you do that you will be able to see if Windows says the camera is functioning or not. If it is perhaps the software you had been using to communicate with the camera became corrupted. Many times they put on software for you that you would otherwise have to pay for. I found some freeware for a laptop I just refurbished that works well. Here is a link to it Free Screen Video Recorder, Free Webcam Recorder, Free Sound Recorder, Free Screen Capture, Free DVD Photo Slideshow, Free Batch Photo Convert .

They have other freeware you might be interested in too. I only know about the webcam software and can tell you it works fine for me. The link for the webcam software is almost to the bottom of the web page. If after you install the software it still doesn't work then I agree time for a new webcam.