Wireless LAN adapters

Old 12-25-14, 10:01 AM
Upvotes Received: 8
Wireless LAN adapters

Hi All, are adapters universal? And if so what should I consider before purchase?
Merry Christmas!
Geo

Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-14, 12:10 PM
Merry Christmas Geo!

Wireless LAN adapters aren't universal per se. What kind of device is this for? If a computer, is it a desktop or laptop? Will you need to connect to any special networks (like a video serving network utilizing 802.11a)? Do you know what protocols are in use in the environments you want to use the adapter to connect in? If you can provide more info, maybe you'll get some more replies!

Good luck,

Bill

Old 12-25-14, 12:49 PM
Upvotes Received: 8
Thanks for the reply Bill,it would be used on a Samsung flat panel to connect to my wifi network,it specifies 802.11N not sure what protocols are.
Geo

Old 12-25-14, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator
If you are buying retail, just ask the Gurus at a place like Staples or Best Buy.

If it specifies 802.11N, then anything labeled as such should work. Just make sure it will fit in your application. Some are a little fat and won't fit in the actual space provided in the TV housing. You may want one with a cable and base to get best reception.

I'm partial to Netgear myself, some people like Linksys, and there are any number of other brands.

Old 12-25-14, 02:20 PM
Temporarily Suspended
I like the Hawkings HWUG1 but they seem to be unavailable ATM. I would try another Hawkings product.