web camera

Old 03-24-01, 03:50 PM
Visiting Guest
I am a member of a club that uses a live web cam in there business.My problem is when I go to sign on to the webb cam I have to enter a password and screen name.When I have entered these it says I have entered them properly and gives me a icon that takes me to the webb cam,but when I key on this icon,it takes me back to the sign on screen.this problem is only on my home pc.I can sign on fine on my work pc.I am running Windows 98. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-01, 08:49 AM
Is I understand you correctly , it is not a webcam at your location, but you are logging on to a sire that allows you to view their web cam, am I correct ?

Is this special software that you are using fot this ? or it just goes thru your regular browser ? What is the site web address, even though I can't sign in as I am not a member ,. it may or may not give clues on how it operates.

Old 03-25-01, 02:32 PM
Visiting Guest
webb address

The webb address is http://www.hunley.org I cannot understand why I can recieve it on another computer and no on my personal computer.Thanks for your time.

Old 03-25-01, 05:35 PM
I checked out that website and even though I could not log in, the sample webcam shots are in jpeg format. I assume that the webcam provides a still shot refreshed once every minute , and not a full motion live feed.

Go to top menu of explorer and click on TOOLS/INTERNET OPTIONS/ click on advanced tab.
Click RESTORE DEFAULTS, click apply and ok.
reboot , if it doesn't correct it, try updating explorer.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/

this will allow you download and install the latest version of internet explorer, see what happens after that.

Is Internet explorer the only browser on your system or do your also have netscape.

Old 03-26-01, 09:42 AM
Visiting Guest
WEBB CAMERA

I will give this a try,Thank you for your time