Microsoft Password

Old 02-07-15, 10:39 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Microsoft Password

I have Windows 8.1 and no problems with it but I like to stay up to date, so I want to sign up to get the free upgrade to Windows 10 when it comes out. Problem is: either I never had a password for Microsoft or it is so old it's expired, and it's required for the sign-up. I can't even get into Microsoft to get a new one - I keep being asked for my password! I put a question on a MS forum but have had no answers. Can't find a phone number for MS to ask for help.

So - anyone here know how I can sign up for Win 10 directly, and/or get a Microsoft password somehow? Thanks.

Old 02-07-15, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator
Received 388 Upvotes on 316 Posts
OK, I signed up with my Hotmail email account. If you don't have one, just create one: www.hotmail.com

Old 02-07-15, 06:50 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You can either sign up for a hotmail account as Shadeladie says or where it says sign in you probably will see sign up for a microsoft account. You can then use any e-mail address you want for you Microsoft credentials. I did I used an AOL account I use for advertisement I might want to look at and if you wish you can set up a free AOL account and of course hotmail is free to sign up with or you can use any other existing account you already have.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: