Access Point Continues To Drop Connection

Old 02-25-15, 05:05 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Access Point Continues To Drop Connection

I purchased and installed a wireless Access Point (Engenius EAP300), connecting it to my Network Switch which is hard-wired to my router. I can get online briefly but the access point continues to drop the signal knocking me offline. When I unplug it I can surf through my router without problems so I'm pretty certain the problem is with the access point.

Anyone with ideas as to why this is occurring and how to fix it so it remains online without dropping connection? Thank you!

Old 02-25-15, 09:24 PM
H
I have never used those wireless access points but I imagine they work just like routers. Most routers surf channels automatically which most of the time is great but sometimes there are conflicts. I imagine you can change channels with the wireless access point too. I would also try moving the access point to another location as it may be receiving interference. Speaking of interference is your router transmitting a signal too? That will always cause problems with something like that.

Old 02-26-15, 02:55 AM
G
Thanks!

Thanks for replying! I think you hit the nail on the head exactly! I've been continuing to research my issue and I may have to give my access point it's own channel to work. Gonna try it! Thanks again!

Old 02-26-15, 01:24 PM
H
You are welcome I hope that works well for you. I don't dig into my router much by accessing it nor do I stay on top of all of the new trends in wireless but I try to keep up with things that can cause conflicts as I have two wireless items upstairs in my home a laptop and a desktop. Occasionally they do slow down too and for me it was just moving the routers antenna a bit that helped. I had heard of channel problems before though and that sounded like what you have. Please let us know if that worked there are others here who know more than I who will be glad to help too if it didn't.

Old 02-26-15, 03:28 PM
G
Thanks for following up!

Yep, that did the trick! Can't tell you how much I appreciate the help! This network stuff confuses me but it's good to know I can ask on here and get the answers I need! Thank you again!

Old 02-26-15, 08:29 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Another possible conflict is if they are both running DHCP.

Old 02-27-15, 01:59 AM
G
Yes, that is true as well!

Thanks for replying! Yes, you are correct with that! I appreciate the help!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: