Flash Player

Old 03-03-15, 08:22 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Flash Player

Flash Player keeps loading numerous times until it lock up computer in Firefox. I tried suggestions from Adobe and Mozilla OK for couple days then lock up again.
I removed and reinstalled Feb.25 and was OK until today. I have run malware and virus scans and found nothing.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 03-04-15, 10:57 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
What version of windows are you using? If it's before 8.1, disable it in the startup tab, in msconfig, click apply, reboot & click apply again.

Old 03-05-15, 04:34 AM
C
I have 8.1. I uninstalled it only lasted 1 day this time. Is there any other flash player for Firefox?

Old 03-05-15, 06:15 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Most people use Adobe Flash but there are some alternatives. For youtube videos, I use HTML5. Off of the top of my head, I don't remember the replacements.

Why can't Windows 8 find the Startup Folder?

That's how to access the startup folder, in Win 8 & 8,1. If Adobe Flash is listed there, uncheck it. I have very little loading into memory at boot time. Everything is still available for use, when you want it.

Adobe Flash Media Server 4.5 * Start and stop Flash Media Server

That's another way to stop it from loading. One of the 2 should work.

Old 03-06-15, 04:49 PM
C
Flash Player not in start up changed home page didn't lock up. On CBS site clicked video and locked up; loaded 6 times.

Old 03-06-15, 05:56 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Chrome plays HTML 5 videos. You might try using Chrome if the videos are available in HTML 5 also.

Old 03-06-15, 09:41 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
I always have freezing with flash. Installed a alternative player and it worked ok for a couple of days then went back to freezing. Wish could find the answer.

Old 03-07-15, 05:30 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
The answer is that it's conflicting with something else that is loading into memory at boot time. That's why I always recommend disabling most all, if not all, in the startup folder. It works most of the time.

Another thing is Norton. That can kill anything.

Old 03-07-15, 10:02 AM
D
Group Moderator
Received 252 Upvotes on 202 Posts
In trouble shooting to narrow down the problem, I would close Fire Fox & open IE & try to play one of the videos with Adobe Flash & IE. If you still have problems, at least your one step closer to knowing your problem is not with Fire Fox.
However, if it plays fine, then I'd say most probably your problem is with Fire Fox browser. There could have been a Fire Fox update recently that caused problems with using Adobe Flash. But, whatever the problem is, you'll at least have it narrowed down to an issue between IE & FF... & probably with FF.

I remember Google Chrome was having issues with flash players last year. It was a couple of months before it gt worked out. I think Chrome finally got a plug-in that solved the problem.

Anyway........ Hope this helps.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: