sound problem

Old 03-27-01, 12:54 PM
bronc25
Visiting Guest
Not really sure where to start.But after screwing around with settings and drivers for other things i messed sound up.I play alot of mp3's so this is not good.I believe its a rockwell modem and sound card,under properties for sound card it says master riptide pci audio device.I just did a complete reformat on computer and brought everything back to new settings,but still am having trouble.I have less than half the sound i use to.I know how to set basic settings,and have changed settings around and back to default and still can't get it.My connect cables and speakers are fine,so its enternal.Not real sure what i had before so thought maybe need a plugin of some sort.I use winamp for music but sound is too low on everything..thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-01, 04:15 PM
Since you say that the card is working properly at least to the point to the point that all the sound is there and your only complaint is it is not loud enough, correct ?

Double left click on the little speaker icon in the bottom right, a bunch of level controls should appear, try adjusting and raising all the level controls to max (full up, you can bring them back down later if too loud) those controls, also look for any advanced button selection , there could be a boost selection in there. Winamp also has a volume control on it.

The other thing is to make sure that you are pluged into the correct output jack of the sound card, not lineout (should it have a line out jack) but speaker out.

Repost what you find.

Old 03-27-01, 07:10 PM
bronc25
Visiting Guest
Talking boy ,do i feel stupid

well aparently at the same time was doing alot of screwin with the computer,I cleaned all the dust and dirt out of the box.I must have got connects mixed up.I thought i had checked 4 times,then saw your post and checked again and found the right connect.Could barely see it,was below mic and in and out connects next to phone lines(no color code either,lol)been lookin for software conflicts and new drivers for 2 days,sheesh,guess i can give my kids speakers with extra volume back now.....really apreciate your help dker