looking for some advice to get a Vaio back up running

Old 03-29-15, 02:50 PM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
looking for some advice to get a Vaio back up running

PCG-2F1L all in one, got it in 2008 - runs Vista home premium - so the HDD went out, not showing up in BIOS, so I want to put it a new HDD and get it back up running. It has a Seagate Barracuda 320g. So do I get the same HDD (do they make them any more) and then will I be able to re-install Vista with my authentic code on the back of my box ( no disks came with it )

I am looking for the least expensive way to get back up. If the above scenario won't go, what will?

Thanks a lot, and hope you have a great day !

Old 03-29-15, 03:36 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Old 03-30-15, 09:05 PM
H
I looked at Sony's website and while I didn't know your sub model I did put in the model number you gave me and I am sorry to say this but you will not be able to get Windows Vista from Sony. Here is the page I went to Sony eSupport - VGC-JS110J/B - Support . While you can't get Vista you can buy Windows 7 Home Premium fairly cheaply and they do have Windows 7 drivers for your computer. If you want to go real cheap and can't afford Windows 7 then download and make a copy of Linux, I suggest PCLinuxOs.

Old 03-31-15, 01:42 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Absolutely correct; if win 7 drivers are available for that machine, get a retail version of it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: