Asus T100 transformer tablet...need opinions

Old 04-05-15, 12:01 PM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
Asus T100 transformer tablet...need opinions

OK, I need that little push to make me hit the buy button. Here's what the deal is.

Been thinking about getting a tablet for awhile now. Better half says go ahead and get it. But to get what I want and don't go 2nd best but keep the price reasonable.

Here's what I have pending. From e-Bay. Factory reburb with 90 day warranty. (we'll talk about that latter)

Model ASUS T100TA-B2-GR 10.1” Tablet Intel Z3775 1.46GHz 2GB 32GB SSD Win 8.1 T100TA

I was comparing a MS Surface Pro, Asus Transformer and a Galaxy Tab S. All have the features I want and some that are not important but nice (for instance the duel cam on the Galaxy). I'm comfortable with both Android and Windows (Ver 7, 8.1 and 10 when available).

About that refurb. It's been my experience that most often (especially on electronics) that refurbs are as good or better than factory new. I say this because a reburf is gone over by an indivudual and totally checked out for all aspects and features. As opposed to an assembly line QC check that may or may not get a complete check. The only thing not replaced is the battery on refurb items. The warranty is 90 days vs one year.

OK, now here is the thing. The e-Bay price is $199.99m including shipping.

I have never had a bad refurb, but have had bad "new" items that had to be returned or warranted.

I'm looking for opinions on the model and it's features more so than the refurb aspect.

Thanks Guys

Old 04-06-15, 06:23 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
So far, 81 people have read your post & no one gave you the push that you wanted. I know very little about tablets & I know less about ebay. I agree about the refurbs, though. I've bought one or two & they were okay. Personally, I don't like touch screens. I'd rather have a laptop with a keyboard. Was that going to be your first tablet?

Old 04-07-15, 03:31 AM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
Pulpo,

So many reads so few replies...LOL

Yes it's my first tablet and yes I did pull the trigger. I tend to agree with you about touch screens and keyboards, but I'm being forced into it at work (new touch screens and POS system, that's a whole another story) and am getting use to it. But that's why I wanted the convertible tablet with detachable keyboard. The tablet is nice waiting for the wife while shopping or reading a book in bed and just the portability of it. Gotta keep up with today's tech.

Old 04-07-15, 05:30 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I had a feeling that you bought it anyway. You didn't say that it was for work. Maybe someday I'll have one but it won't be for awhile.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: