Meerkat video won't load!

Old 08-13-15, 03:54 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
Meerkat video won't load!

OK, so Meerkat is an app for your phone/tablet. You can also watch Meerkat videos from your pc by going to meerkatviewer dot com... which I have been doing for a while.

But now I can't stream video's. I click on a stream and I get the video window, and the picture like it's going to start streaming, but there is just a rectangle shaped white outline of a box (where the triangle shaped "play" button would be for a video that is saved for replay) but there is no triangle shaped button and the stream does not start automatically. When I scroll over the white outline it brightens slightly... but that's it. No play, no stream. I can see the comments as they are happening.

I can watch from my tablet just fine. Is weird. I've cleared my cache, cleared history, cleared cookies, heck even installed windows 10... no change.

Old 08-13-15, 04:11 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Which browser did you use & have you tried a different browser? Here's a problem with the upgrade to Windows 10. If you don't upgrade from a clean install of Windows 7 or 8, all the malware goes with it.

Only Hank Kee from The Personal Computer Show has recommended that. That show is on WBAI 99.5 8PM EDT, NYC. Wednesday or streaming on http://174.121.28.18:8000/24k
I listen to Off The Hook before that at 7PM also.

Old 08-13-15, 04:30 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
Yes, same thing from Chrome or IE. I use Chrome. I even reset it to defaults. (advanced settings - reset). Also just tried it from my wife's laptop and its the same thing as on mine. When I use Chrome on my notepad... and go to the meerkatviewer website, it plays just fine.

On both computers, the play triangle never shows up. I wonder if this is a windows update issue... worked just fine a couple days ago.

Old 08-13-15, 04:40 PM
H
I agree with pulpo it is best to have checked for viruses before upgrading to Windows 10 since you have already upgraded though I don't think it is too late to use your antivirus. If I were you after doing a virus scan I would delete Java and reinstall Java and then also delete Flash and reinstall Flash and then hopefully that should solve your problem.

Old 08-13-15, 04:50 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Go to the control panel, programs & features & see when the last update occurred. Then try a system restore prior, to that date.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: