Windows 10

Old 08-07-15, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator
My Win8.1 computer was ready for upgrade this morning! That only took about a half hour to upgrade, and so far, so good.
FYI, you do have 30 days to go back if things don't work out well for you. Not sure if this was mentioned yet or not.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-15, 08:19 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
How were you notified that the Win10 download is ready? pop up? email? or something else?

If I click on the update status I just get the message that it will come in a few days or few weeks.

Old 08-07-15, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator
A popup window was at the bottom right hand side saying my upgrade was ready. I signed up for the upgrade on July 20, so I guess it was ready after 2 1/2 weeks.

Old 08-07-15, 08:26 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
thanks

I don't remember exactly when I signed up for it other than it took a week or two longer for it to show up on my laptop - which I don't use daily. While I'm satisfied with Win7, I can't wait to get rid of Win8 on the laptop!

Old 08-07-15, 09:42 AM
I just got the heads up for my laptop and tablet. But the desktop is keeps failing the download. But it also did not tell me it was ready

In the meantime I'm installing on my tablet. Since it's still relatively new and I don't rely on it, I'm willing to "play" around with it.

I wonder if because my desktop is a home grown unit that maybe that has something to do with the failed downloads.

Old 08-07-15, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator
What is on your desktop now? It says it must have 7 SP1 or 8.1 update in order to upgrade. Enterprise and RT editions are excluded from the free upgrade. Also your computer must be enabled to accept Windows updates.

Old 08-07-15, 11:45 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I have Win7 on my desktop. The little window icon appeared weeks ago along with click here to reserve [or something like that] While it took a little bit to get used to switching from XP to 7 - it wasn't bad. I never have gotten all that used to and don't care for 8.1 which is on my laptop. Automatic updates has been selected on both computers, probably by default.