Printer does not connect

Old 08-31-15, 05:31 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Printer does not connect

I have a Lexmark printer/fax/scanner/copier. I went to fax something today and after connecting the phone line it still failed to connect. It said "phone error please connect a phone line" which I did again like 4 times. The line is live because I have dial tone and I've done this before many times with no problems. Any clues ? Thanks.

Old 08-31-15, 05:45 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Are you on DSL? Do you have a DSL filter properly connected? Since it is wireless it is getting commands from your router as well as the phone line, so the signals need to be separated. Did you configure it using the USB-B cord and a laptop or desktop as a "mother" computer?

Old 08-31-15, 06:49 PM
H
I agree with Larry Chandler it will also help us if we know your model number as then we can look up your manual and give you better advice. Most combo units work about the same but some are slightly different.

Old 09-01-15, 04:00 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Did you go through the Fax Setup? Sometimes, it's done through the printer interface not the PC.

Old 09-24-15, 09:05 AM
B
update

Sorry for the delay responding. The model is x5650. I found one phone cord had a broken end so I got new ones and will update result later. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: