problem with e-mail

Old 10-27-15, 07:23 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy problem with e-mail

For some time now my mail account login/opening,has been very erratic in that when I log in
I can' t open my mail,send mail,answer mail.

If I try to do the above actions the computer just sits there til it feels like taking a command.
I also takes ages to write and send emails. There is a host of other e-mail issues . It took me a
half-hour to write and send a dental appointment acknowledgement

All other features are normal on this computer.

Thanks

Old 10-27-15, 09:40 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 422 Upvotes on 375 Posts
What email program do you use? Is it a web-based one like Hotmail/GMail, or a desktop client like Outlook or Firebird.

If it's a web-based one, what browser do you use?

Old 10-27-15, 10:00 AM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Daswede, in all previous threads we have explained you don't use an Email program. You use Webmail through a browser. If that hasn't changed you don't have a Email problem. You have a browser problem. First try using a different browser. If that doesn't work then check your download speed. Here is one speed test you can use: Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

If your download speed is good and a different browser doesn't help then you need to check for malware but in the end it may just be the web site and you can't fix their problems.

Old 10-27-15, 11:10 AM
O.k. My email YAHOO. Not sure what browser I'm using

Thanks for your patience

Old 10-27-15, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
Do you click on an IE (Internet Explorer) or a round blue thing with an orange fox around it (Firefox) or a multi colored ball (Chrome), to get online? That will tell us which browser you're using.
You can also click on the "help" tab at the top, which will tell you what you're using.

Old 10-28-15, 03:00 AM
H
Without knowing exactly what browser Daswede uses this sounds a great deal like a Firefox problem. Firefox is much better than Internet Explorer any day but it has its own bug issues that I have known about for a while. One issues is something like Daswede's problem only I use Verizon web mail not Yahoo. When I log into my e-mail Verizon asks for a user name and lets pretend the name is Daswede that I use. That works fine until you get to the next page and you put in your password and the browser automatically reloads the page.

I never touch the reload button it just reloads on its own without me doing anything. Thankfully though Firefox has a built in confirmation asking me if I intend to leave the page or cancel the action. I of course always select cancel and the page never reloads because if it does Verizon locks me out of my e-mail until I shut the browser down and restart the process. I am wise to the problem now so on a blank area in my log in page I just click my mouse several times and the dialog shows up and then I just click cancel to resolve the process and log in normally.

It is inconvenient to say the least but I am at least still able to log in. I use AOL for my e-mail too but it has its own set of problems which are different and I will not go into right now.

Old 10-28-15, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
FWIW, I use Gmail and Hotmail, and never have any problems. Maybe try switching to Gmail and you shouldn't have problems anymore.

Old 10-28-15, 07:25 AM
I believe we have suggested before you use Gmail. While I don't use Yahoo it does come as part of my DSL bundle and there are times I access it just to see whats there and it is slow to respond to deletes or the password just doesn't work so I can't even open it. If I tried to use it on a regular basis I'd probably be pulling my hair out. I would also vote Chrome as the all around best browser to use.

Of course switching to Gmail is not perfect. No good way to retrieve your saved email in Yahoo in mass but as long as you keep the account active you can still access your saved email there. You can even forward individual saved emails to Gmail for saving there. Also you can set Gmail to automatically retrieve any new email in your Yahoo account so any Email to Yahoo will appear in your Gmail when you access it.

Last edited by ray2047; 10-28-15 at 07:55 AM.
Old 10-28-15, 01:17 PM
Thanks again everybody. I 'm using IE.. Will try G_MAIL

Old 10-28-15, 01:46 PM
Also try Chrome as your browser. IE gets no respect from many.

Old 10-28-15, 03:16 PM
H
Recommend hotmail or outlook

I use all the major email suppliers but recommend hotmail or outlook. They are much simpler than gmail. I could never figure out why gmail gets so many recommendation unless you are a geek and really use the extra features.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: