HP Pavillion dv6

Old 01-15-16, 01:20 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
HP Pavillion dv6

hello, I have a question about my laptop, when I turn it on the screen turns black, and I don't have image, if I restart the computer in the safe mode I'm able to see the screen , is it some settings that I need to check or what do you guys recommend me to check. thank you in advance for your help.

Old 01-15-16, 01:52 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,331 Votes on 1,230 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

when I turn it on the screen turns black
Isn't the screen already dark when you turn it on ?

You should be getting some type of HP splash on startup.
When you start in safe mode..... everything is there on the screen ?

Old 01-15-16, 02:14 PM
J
If it works in safe mode you might have picked up a virus or something. Did this problem just start happening?

Old 01-15-16, 02:27 PM
C
it just started happening, I run the intivirus twice already, it happened a few days ago, then yesterday worked good in the morning but when I turn it on in the afternoon it happened again..I can see the windows logo at start up, as soon as the screen should open the desktop screen it goes black

Old 01-15-16, 02:35 PM
Received 14 Votes on 12 Posts
It has nothing to do with your settings, it is the graphic chip on the motherboard that dies from over heating. I nursed mine back from the dead a couple of times but put it to rest about 4 months ago. Mine was a HP DV9000 series which is the same as the DV6000 with the side number pad. You can try to google the issue and looks at way to reflow the solder on the chip. It is hit or miss if you do it yourself. Pro's will have a special machine that controls the heat better so you don't fry the unit. You are able to get into safe mode because it bypasses the graphic chip and runs the basic vga monitor. I was able to run in safe mode with networking for quite a while, however you will loose the ability to have sound. You can change some settings to be able to print in safe mode, but I don't remember what I did. Sorry for your headaches, I went through them and have moved on.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: