screen protectors for laptops

Old 01-25-16, 07:17 AM
A
Received 72 Votes on 65 Posts
screen protectors for laptops

We bought a new laptop, primarily to check in on emails, look at maps, look for restaurants, points of interest, etc. when on the road. It has Windows 10 and a touch screen, which, so far, I like. I thought that a screen protector would be a good investment, and the guy at the store where we bought the computer agreed, but they didn't stock them, nor did the store we stopped at Saturday evening. Both said they didn't have enough interest in them to warrant stocking. So I understand not stocking things that don't sell well, but causes me to wonder before ordering online, is there any reason that we wouldn't want one? Does it affect the touch screen adversely? I know that it's not going to prevent the screen from breaking if I slam it to the ground, but seems like it would reduce smudges, and might eliminate an inadvertent scrape or two.

Old 01-25-16, 07:29 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 98 Votes on 86 Posts
While I don't have a touchscreen laptop, I always put a protector over my phone screen. I can see maybe eliminating a scratch or two but I don't see it helping with smudges.

If you can find them online like at Amazon, I'd pay attention to the reviews to see whether the consensus is people still use them after a while.

Old 01-25-16, 08:01 AM
A
Thank you. We don't buy anything more than we have to online, just things like this that the stores don't stock, so didn't think about it, but yes, the reviews will probably tell me whatever I need to know about them.

Old 01-25-16, 10:40 AM
W
Received 36 Votes on 33 Posts
Screen Protector

You did not give a brand name.

Look on the manufacturer's web site under accessories to see if there is one available to fit your laptop.

Old 01-25-16, 10:50 AM
Received 372 Votes on 337 Posts
Screen protectors serve two purposes if you get the anti glare type. They work well.

Old 01-25-16, 11:01 AM
A
It's an Asus, and originally didn't think it mattered, but, after finding that they are not as readily available as I had thought, will definitely look at their site to see what if anything they have to say about them. Haven't had much opportunity to use it yet, but good thought to look at an anti-glare one.

Old 01-25-16, 11:13 AM
Received 372 Votes on 337 Posts
You can usually find them at Walmart but their pricey. Use e-Bay or Amazon.

Old 01-25-16, 12:18 PM
F
Received 36 Votes on 28 Posts
You can usually find them at Walmart but their pricey.
they're or they are iosdog[jokadgn

Old 01-27-16, 10:19 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 203 Votes on 181 Posts
I always use a screen protector on my phone, you never know when it's going to come in contact with keys, change, etc. I personally don't see the need to protect a laptop screen in the same way. Unless you have young kids who might drag something metallic across it.

But as others have said, I can't stand spending $20 or $30 on a screen protector at the local store when you can pick up a 5-pack for $4 online.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: