Slow internet speed

Old 02-28-16, 03:49 PM
Upvotes Received: 8
Slow internet speed

Hi All, Comcast internet speed issue, tech just left and concluded the problem is my gateway,Motorola SBG6580 approved by Comcast,he installed a new modem to test with and the speed increased dramatically,my question is are there any setting I should be checking on the Motorola to help increase speed?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-16, 10:03 PM
Here is a website to measure your speed:

Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Once you measure your speed, compare that to the ISP plan that you paid for each month. If it is within range, there is not much more you can do to increase the speed.

In my experience (speaking from cable modem), there is not really much to do if you have the latest cable modem. Maybe update firmware? Make sure you research carefully before you upgrade any firmware. Using wrong firmware for hardware can mess up your hardware.

Old 03-03-16, 07:16 PM
Temporarily Suspended
If it is within range, there is not much more you can do to increase the speed.
There are 1 or 2 other things that you can do. However, if you are satisfied with the current speed, leave it alone. The other thing is TCPOptimizer from speedguide.net

If you download it, make sure it's the correct version for you operating system.

Other than that change the virtual memory settings to system managed. That should be done anyway.