Favorites upgrade?

Old 03-21-16, 08:40 AM
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Favorites upgrade?

First I would like to thank Pulpo for the advice on removing AVG from my computer. Worked like a charm.

Second, I have tried in vain to load in a link provided by my bank to my favorites bar, (I can only access the link from my e-mail file that she sent me) The bank IT person said I need to "upgrade my Favorites Bar" I can't find a command for that anywhere. (2015 Lenovo thinkpad upgraded to windows 10 using Internet Explorer.) The existing warning says that I cannot use all of the colons and forward slashes that are in the bank's link address

Third, I use turbotax soft ware. How does the software pick up the data from previous year's versions (like capital loss carryovers) when the previous year was loaded and filed on another computer? The software got the capital gains and losses right, but the 2 year history comparison was wrong. (the amounts from the previous year (2014) were wrong, for this year there were as I entered them.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-16, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator
Received 42 Votes on 34 Posts
Re the Favorites issue, I've put a ton of bookmarks in my Favorites over the years, and have never has to upgrade a "Favorites bar". Whenever you get the newest browser, that will get updated along with it. It's not a separate entity. Do you have the latest browser (I think it's IE11). You could also try using Firefox and see if it'll work there.
How exactly are you trying to add it? Do you try to add it by going to that page, then picking "Add bookmark" or "Add to Favorites". Not sure what you mean when you say you're trying to load a link to your Favorites.

Old 03-21-16, 09:27 AM
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Favorites Upgrade

I was just typing the link (letter by letter and symbol by symbol) into the browser into the box and trying to both go to the site and add it to my favorites, I was rejected (according to the warning) by using the colons and // forward slashes. I can only get to the site by clicking on link in the e-mail and cannot save it. It must be me, but I don't know what?

Old 03-21-16, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator
Received 42 Votes on 34 Posts
Try leaving off the colons and slashes. You really don't need to use them anymore.
The only slash you would need is, if there's something after the .com, then you'd need one slash after the com.

ETA: Also, just click on the link in the email, and when the page opens, then try to add it to your favorites.

Last edited by Shadeladie; 03-21-16 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-21-16, 06:30 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
First I would like to thank Pulpo for the advice on removing AVG from my computer.
I'm glad that it worked.

You should be able to right click on the web page where there is no text or pics & add it to favorites, from the drop down menu. Or open the page instead by it's IP address & try to save it that way.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/19...other-computer

Take a look at that for the turbo tax problem.