Lenovo is too sensitive

Old 04-07-16, 04:23 PM
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Lenovo is too sensitive

My year old Lenovo Thinkpad has the annoying habit of changing font sizes, changing screens, not typing the letter keys I am hitting and other stuff (like changing the size of the screen just now) for no reason. I don't know what I have to get into in the thing to make it behave?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-16, 04:39 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I have two Lenovos with no problems. What program are you using when the font changes?
Download, install & run anti malware from malwarebytes.org Download the free version & make sure that you uncheck the Enable the paid version

Old 04-07-16, 07:43 PM
Lenovo Is too sensitive

I downloaded it and isolated 271 threats. It still seems to like to jump around a bit when I type, but better than before. It doesn't seem to matter what program I was running, or site. (like this one.) I will spend a day with it and see what happens!

Thanks!

Old 04-10-16, 08:20 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Let me know what happens.

Old 04-10-16, 08:45 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Our Lenovo is having the same problems. Using Webroot Secure Anywhere Internet security. It turns off Defender which I do not want it to do. Using Malwarebytes on my PC and it does a good job. Anyone else using Webroot?

Old 04-10-16, 09:52 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Why do you want to use 2 defense programs at the same time?

Old 04-10-16, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator
Received 66 Votes on 53 Posts
Personally, I would never pay for an anti-virus program. There's too many good free ones out there that do a good job, such as Defender. When your year is up, I'd get rid of it. My 2cents only.

Old 04-10-16, 03:52 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Personally, I would never pay for an anti-virus program.
Me either.

There's too many good free ones out there that do a good job
None of them can keep up with the number of viruses that are released daily. AV is a false sense of security.

Old 04-10-16, 04:17 PM
Received 118 Votes on 108 Posts
As a last resort you may want to re-install the OS.

Old 04-10-16, 08:07 PM
Linovo is too sensitive

Clearing the malware made a big improvement but I still get menu windows,(like inspect element) in the middle of an e-mail I am trying to type, which I have to clear in order to continue. Or like just now, the whole "reply to thread" was hidden by the Outlook express Menu page. I have to hope that I don't lose all the text I am in the middle of when I try to get back to the page I am working on. I would like to reinstall the operating system but I hear you have to erase your whole hard drive to do that. Way too many records I need and can't afford to lose. I had to get a remote mouse very early as the pad never worked right.

Old 04-10-16, 09:24 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Way too many records I need and can't afford to lose.
Where are your backups? If you don't have any create some NOW. Otherwise you are playing with fire. There still could be some malware lurking. Run msconfig & click on the startup tab. Stop whatever you don't need to load into memory at boot time. If you don't know what's what, either list the programs here or click disable all, click apply & OK. Then reboot the machine & click ok again.

Another choice is to try sfc /scannow from a command prompt & a third choice is download & run combo fix. Don't do anything until you create a couple of backups first.