Windows 10 Update Message Interrupts Live Weather Report

Old 04-29-16, 07:03 PM
Received 118 Votes on 108 Posts

This has been making the rounds on the Internet and it bugs the heck out me to hear people knock Microsoft every time they have a problem.

MS is being highly criticized for pushing Win 10 with the nag pop-up.

I can understand a person consternation with the new OS, but to blame MS for a high tech business not being able to prevent or embrace the Win 10 nag screen? Baloney!

To me it shows a lack of IT know how or a companies inability to recognize the importance of qualified IT people to prevent the nag screen in a business.

And for a business not to update (for free no less) is pure stupidity! MS is warning everyone that older OS's will become obsolete and unsupported. Without cost MS will help you update. A no brainier! Will it require some work and effort on the business's IT department? Of course. Oh you say you can't afford a professional IT support person. Then perhaps you can't afford to be in business.

Oh but some of my integral programs no longer run on the new Win 10 OS. Update! Update! Update! Can't afford to update? See previous paragraph.

If you don't like the way Microsoft does business, then don't use their product. But if you do then don't b**h about it when they try to improve the product and give it away for free.

My company is doing the same thing. We have been warned to never click on the update popup on our stations. It will reek havoc on the system. It's nearly impossible not to hit the OK by mistake. But do you think they will take the time to prevent the pop-up? Or to just take the update? Of course not. It will cost to much and take up too much time. Never enough time to do it right but always enough time to do it over.

Today's rant.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-16, 07:11 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I saw that story posted, in another forum. My answer was, 'If it provides us with more accurate weather reports, I'm all for the upgrade.' Right now, the reports are wrong too many times.

I can understand a person consternation with the new OS,
There are two reasons. One is that the OS is spyware & the second is that it has a large learning curve for non tech people.

Old 04-29-16, 07:41 PM
Received 118 Votes on 108 Posts
There are two reasons. One is that the OS is spyware & the second is that it has a large learning curve for non tech people.
I'll disagree on the first item and agree on the second item. On the first item, yes it may be more intrusive than previous but no more so than most credit card readers, RFI readers, other web browsers, and on, and on, and on.

Second, every new OS that comes has the same complaint that it takes a large learning curve. In fact, with Win 10 nearly no learning curve is needed. I have mine set up to act just like win 8.1. So I guess that I disagree on the second item also.

My complaint is not so much the home user like us or the causal user (in which case I do tend to agree with you) but with companies blaming MS for their lack of understanding, cheapness, common sense, or call it what you want for not getting with the program so to speak. I do understand that changing over can be time consuming and costly to some degree, but so is any change or progress of any kind. I'll compare it to the US not migrating to the metric system when the rest of the world has. And why haven't we? You can you use the same arguments as with Win 10 for all intents and purposes.

Old 04-29-16, 07:50 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
On the first item, yes it may be more intrusive than previous but no more so than most credit card readers, RFI readers, other web browsers, and on, and on, and on.
I don't see how CC readers & browsers can be compared. With CCs, money is being transferred. Not so in browsers.

In fact, with Win 10 nearly no learning curve is needed. I have mine set up to act just like win 8.1
Those were the two OSes with the highest learning curve. Win 8.1 was no picnic either.

Old 04-30-16, 09:22 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
To me it shows a lack of IT know how or a companies inability to recognize the importance of qualified IT people to prevent the nag screen in a business.
My first gut reaction Norm was to disagree with you. But when you look at the video IMHO your above statement makes a lot of sense. Those people look like total incompetents – lol. Yep, get an IT person/people – or a new one LOL!