What is this 'socket'


Old 05-10-16, 10:08 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What is this 'socket'

Attached is a picture of a 'socket' I have never seen nor can find anywhere before. Hoping that the forum might tell me what it's called or Is it even a socket.
Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-16, 10:19 AM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern NJ - USA
Posts: 53,159
Received 374 Votes on 351 Posts
Is this on a desktop computer ? Front, top, back, side ?
I don't recognize it any info you provide would be helpful.
Old 05-10-16, 11:02 AM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 23,352
Received 222 Votes on 205 Posts
looks like the spot where the Dell medallion would go. how big is it?
Old 05-10-16, 11:08 AM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 21,038
Received 233 Votes on 213 Posts
Yea, it doesn't look like a socket. I'm betting it's a decorative bit, hole for a cable to pass through or where the companies logo gets stuck.
Old 05-10-16, 11:10 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 4,689
Received 28 Votes on 27 Posts
It looks to me more like a strain relief. Where a wire could pass through and connect to something internally.

If it wasn't in the computer forum, I would have guessed a push-button flush mechanism on a toilet tank
Old 05-10-16, 03:37 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA - N.E.Tn
Posts: 46,175
Received 132 Votes on 118 Posts
Might it be something to aid in removing that panel?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: