Bootmgr is missing

Old 05-13-16, 04:12 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bootmgr is missing

Good day.

So here is the problem. I am currently installing a fresh Windows 7 OS from a new hdd but suddenly the disk says it was corrupted or missing. Then after I re-insert the disk, the laptop displays the Bootmgr is missing then on the next line is Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.

How can I fix this? If I install a new OS, can this solve my problem?

Thank you for the answer.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-16, 06:32 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Is you boot sequence correct in the BIOS? You shouldn't see that error when booting from the CD.

Old 05-13-16, 04:55 PM
Sir, I do think it is automatically booting to cd drive because the first time I insert it, it goes well. It booted the cd and able to go to the windows setup but then an error occurred. After I re-insert, bootmgr was now missing.

Old 05-13-16, 05:17 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Re-insert or reboot? It should be reboot. In the middle of the setup, the PC has to restart but when it does, the user shouldn't 'press to boot from CD'. If that's what happened & the bootmgr were missing, the install didn't go properly. I would start again & choose format when prompted.

As soon as you finish the Win 7 install, you will be bombarded to upgrade to Win 10. You might as well do it since support for Win 7 will end.

Old 05-13-16, 09:40 PM
Sir, the problem now is that when I choose to format again, the hard disk drive cannot be seen as if no drive was inserted. I also try to use repair but no Windows 7 OS cannot be seen. Note that I install this to a new hdd but then an error occurred and the installation wasn't finished. Please help sir.

Old 05-13-16, 10:27 PM
Temporarily Suspended
If the install CD doesn't see the drive, that could mean that it's not formatted to NTFS or something that Windows recognizes. Reset the BIOS to defaults. If that doesn't work, create a boot CD that will format it. Then try the install again.

Old 05-13-16, 10:45 PM
I agree with everything Pulpo has told you and would like to add if everything else fails check the hdd installation and see if everything is well seated. Any shift of the hard drive will cause installation errors of the OS. Probably everything is tight but anyone can forget a screw or two it has happened to me. The worst culprit in the missing screw case is a used laptop that you buy from someone a reason I keep handy old screws from dead laptops.

Old 05-13-16, 11:44 PM
Pulpo and hedgeclippers, I will update you once I have done what you have said. First I would do is to re-seat the hdd just to make sure that no hardware malfunction is involved. Next, is to reinstall a new OS from a USB stick (I think DVD/CD is taking too long in processing in my laptop).

I'll reply with you again what will be the status of this problem. Thank you